Wednesday, January 3, 2018Jan 3, 2018 Today
A boy was born to Brittney Niedo of Ethete and Richard Friday of Minneapolis, Minn., at 8:05 a.m. Dec. 27 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 15 ounces.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
-Q94;Dee Lynn Johnson from Donald Lee Johnson. Maiden name of Dailey is restored.
- Angela Wallace from Rodney Taylor Wallace.
- Stacy Edmiston from Randy Edmiston. Former name of Morgart is restored.
- Richard Harris from Frances Ann Harris.
- Jamie Lynne Nimmo from Robert Louis Nimmo. Former name of Baker is restored.
- Kortney Kling from Roozario Wiggins.
- Bobbie J. Seybert from Edward M. Seybert.
- Michael Donovan from Amber Donovan. Father granted sole custody of minor children.
Thursday, January 4
Purple Sage Ladies will meet at 11:30 a.m. at The Depot, 110 S. First St. in Riverton. For more information call 856-7720.
CWC men's basketball will host a home game against Williston State College at 5:30 p.m. in Rustler Gym.
Ice skating at the Tonkin Stadium is open Thursday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., Friday from 3 p.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday from noon to 9 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. Skate rentals are $3.
Monday, January 8
A Fremont County Republicans meeting has been called for 5:30 p.m. at the Riverton Public Library. There will be a light chilli dinner. More details to follow. For more information call Pepper Ottman at 856-1178.
Tuesday, January 9
The Riverton Community Blood Drive will be noon to 6 p.m. at St. John Lutheran Church, 606 N. Eighth Street West. Homemade goodies will be available for donors. Appointments can be scheduled online at bloodhero.com (sponsor code is "Riverton) or by calling 850-2529.
Stars of Tomorrow Auditions will be held at the Riverton Middle School from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. Applications can be picked up at all Riverton K-12 schools or Wyoming Community Bank. Applications must be turned in no later than January 5. For more information contact Riverton Kiwanis member Melanie Sims at 307-857-9050 or email@example.com.
Wild West Winter Carnival Ice Sculpting will begin at 9 a.m. Meet at Jerry's Flowers and Things for ice assignments. Judging will be done at 2:30 p.m. Pre-register at the Riverton Chamber of Commerce by January 12.
Duplicate Bridge Club meets at 6:30 p.m. Mondays and 12:30 p.m. Fridays at the Reach Clubhouse. The events are open to the public. Make sure to bring a bridge partner. For more information call 856-6356.
The Riverton Artists Guild holds its weekly painting sessions 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays at the Fremont County Fairgrounds Heritage Hall Building with constructive critique feedback at the end of every session. All media and subject matter are welcome.
Free acupuncture for veterans is offered from 10 a.m. to noon at on the first Monday of every month at The Soldiers House, 1201 E. Jackson Ave. in Riverton, on a walk-in basis. Veterans of all eras are welcome.
Free healing touch sessions for veterans are held 2-4 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month at The Soldiers House of Fremont County, 1201 E. Jackson Ave. in Riverton. Nancy Sehnert performs the sessions to help veterans cope with stress, anxiety and chronic pain. Each session is 30 minutes, and appointment are required. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call 850-6208.
A Parkinson's Disease Exercise Class is 1:30-2:30 p.m. every Monday and Wednesday in the Rendezvous Room at the Riverton Senior Center. For more information call 856-6332.
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) is at 2:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Riverton Senior Center. For more information call 857-4156.
Bingo Dinner is at 6 p.m. on the second Friday of every month at the Riverton Senior Center. Every event includes a full dinner and 16 games of Bingo with prizes. The suggested donation for registered seniors is $6 and $9 for non-seniors for a meal and two bingo cards.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday:
-Police responded at about 10:50 a.m. Tuesday to reports from the 1400 block of West Main Street about a stolen credit card with some charges on it.
- Loryjay SunRhodes, 38, of Fort Washakie, was arrested at about noon Tuesday in the 300 block of East Fremont Avenue for public intoxication.
- Houston Headley, 49, of Ethete, was arrested at about 12:10 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard for public intoxication and trespassing.
- No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 1 p.m. Tuesday in the 1000 block of West Monroe Avenue.
- Roy Reignier, 50, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:55 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of East Pershing Avenue for driving under the influence.
- Jeremy Merta, 40, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:20 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of West Adams Avenue on an arrest and hold order from probation and parole.
- Andrew Brown, 33, of Ethete, was arrested at about 11:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of East Main Street for public intoxication. Officials said he was trying to get into a room at a motel in the area.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday:
-Deputies responded at about 3:35 p.m. Tuesday to reports that a motorist was stuck in the 3400 block of U.S. Highway 26 near Dubois.
- Duane Oldman, 35, of Lander, was arrested at about 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of Railroad Street in Lander on a Fremont County warrant for failure to pay fines
Grantor: ALLEN KARMEN C, Legal: Sub/Mine: DARNALL 2ND SUB RI Lot: 11 City: RIVERTON, Section: 3 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: SANDERS MATTHEW SCOTT , SANDERS LORI Rec Date: 12/29/2017
Grantor: LEHTO KYLE , LEHTO ANGELA J, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 18 Block: 23 City: RIVERTON Grantee: WEMPEN ANDREW L Rec Date: 12/29/2017
Grantor: IVIE SHARLOTTE A Legal: Section: 19 Township: 2N Range: 4E Grantee: BAKER TANIA L Rec Date: 12/29/2017
Grantor: ESPINOSA ANTHONY WAYDE, BRANNING DALE LEE, WALLACE GALE LEE, O FLATTERY GALE LEE, NIELSON LAURIE LYNN, OSBORN MISTY JEAN, FRIEZE MICHELLE ANNE, ARD MICHELLE ANNE, ESPINOSA JASON MARK, O FLATTERTY SEAN KELLY, BRANNING BRANDON ANTHONY, KRAMER KAYLA MAUREEN, KRAMER TODD ALLEN, BRANNING BRYAN LEE, NIELSON LEXIE ADELE Legal: Sub/Mine: LOST WELLS BUTTE FILING #1 MI Lot: 49 City: MISCELLANEOUS Grantee: PRATT JARRED M, PRATT KARI A Rec Date: 12/29/2017