TodayDec 28, 2017 From staff reports
A baby was born to Atiyana Willow of Ethete and Christian Posey of Ethete at 2:07 p.m. Dec. 25 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 5 pounds, 1 ounce.
Friday, December 29
The Last Dance of 2017 is 6:30-9 p.m. at the Riverton Senior Center. Everyone is welcome to dance to the live music of Packin the Mail with Dan Seeley. There is no cover charge, but attendees will pass the hat for the band. Refreshments will be served.
Saturday, December 30
A New Year's Eve Eve Party will be from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Headwaters Art and Conference Center in Dubois. Donations will be taken at the door and guests must bring a finger food dish to share. The event will be Bring Your Own Beer and pop and water will be on sale. Music by Packin' The Mail.
Laura Vietti, a Thermopolis native and museum and collection manager at the University of Wyoming Geological Museum will be the featured speaker of the Wyoming Community Bank's Discovery Speakers Series at the Riverton Museum at 3 p.m. She will be speaking on Wyoming paleontology, historical discoveries of Wyoming's fossils, the founding of UW's Geological Museum and fossils discovered from the Wind River Basin. The event is free to the public. For more information call 856-2665.
Monday, January 1
A First Day Hike starts at 10 a.m. at Boysen State Park Headquarters, 120 Boysen Drive. The hike will be about one mile long through moderate to difficult terrain with the goal of seeing breathtaking views rarely seen by the public. The hike will end back at the headquarters office where hot chocolate and refreshments will be served. For more information call park superintendent John Bass at 876-2796.
A First Day Hike starts at 1 p.m. at then ature Trail Parking Lot in the Popo Agie Campground at Sinks Canyon State Park. The hike is approximately 3 miles along the Canyon Loop Trail. Dogs on leashes are permitted. For more information call Jamie Simonson at 332-6333.
A First Day Hike starts at 11 a.m. at the Dance Hall in South Pass City. The hike is 2 miles long. Dogs on leashes are permitted. For more information call Joe Ellis at 332-3684.
Tuesday, January 2
Indoor walking at the Riverton library will be every Tuesday and Thursday from 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. from Jan. 2 to Feb. 28.
Yoga will take place every Monday at 6 p.m. in the Small Children's Theater at the Riverton Library. The practice is a combination of warming and restorative poses. Mats will be provided or participants can bring their own.
The Adult Children of Alcoholics group meets 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Wednesdays at the Methodist Church (basement side door) at 307 N. Main in Pavillion. 856-1192 or 856-4979.
Acceptance Group AA meetings are at noon Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, 7 a.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays and 10 a.m. Saturdays at St. James Episcopal Church, 519 East Park Ave. For more information call 851-4839.
Al-Anon meetings are at 7 p.m. Mondays and noon Thursdays at St. James Episcopal Church, 519 E. Park Ave.
Fresh Air AA Group meets at 7 p.m. Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursday at St. James Episcopal Church, 519 E. Park Ave. For more information call 851-4839.
Red Path AA meetings take place at 7 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays, 11 a.m. Saturdays and 8 a.m. Sundays at St. Stephen's Mission, 134 Mission Road.
Riverton AA meetings are daily at noon, 7 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays and 10 a.m. Sundays at 118 N. Fifth St. E (brown house). For more information call 463-2853 or 857-1400.
New Beginnings AA meetings are at 5:30 p.m. daily at 118 ½ North Fifth Street East.
The American Legion Post 61 meets quarterly in March, June, September and December and the month of May on the fourth Saturday of the month at the Fremont County Library in Riverton. For more information call Pat Lawson at 851-7400.
The Master Gardeners Winter Farmers Market is 9-11 a.m. every Saturday all winter at the Fremont County Fairgrounds 4-H LUnch Building. New vendors are welcome. For more information call 851-7562.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday:
-Dustin Friday, 27, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:20 a.m. Wednesday in the 1300 block of Redwood Drive for public intoxication.
- Minor damage was recorded in a hit and run incident reported at about 5:20 a.m. Wednesday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- No injuries were recorded but Charles Smock, 80, of Riverton, was cited for entering a roadway after a traffic incident reported at about 9:15 a.m. Wednesday in the 1000 block of South Federal Boulevard. Minor damage was recorded.
- Johnnie Whiteman, 21, of Riverton, was arrested at about 7:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard for driving under the influence.
- Stephaniy C'Bearing, 29, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 11:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of Shortite Drive for domestic battery, resisting/interference, on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant and for probation violation. Officials said she was fighting with her brother, who suffered minor injuries. Reports state C'Bearing gave officials a fake name.
- Thomas Oldman, 29, of Arapahoe, was arrested just before midnight Wednesday in the 300 block of North Federal Boulevard for public intoxication.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday:
-Officials said a cattle guard was damaged in a hit and run incident reported at about 10 a.m. Wednesday in the 10800 block of Wyoming Highway 789 near Riverton.
- Deputies provided a ride to a driver who was stuck in the snow at about 12:40 p.m. Wednesday on South Pass City Road, according to reports.
- No injuries were recorded in a traffic incident involving a vehicle and a cow reported at about 6:50 p.m. Wednesday on Ocean Lake Road west of Riverton.
- Andrea Decoteau, 40, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation.
- Grantor: FIELDS DONALD E, FIELDS LISA R, Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB VILLAGES 1ST ADD RI Lot: 128 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: THAYER MARK R, THAYER RENAE A, Rec Date: 12/21/2017
- Grantor: VORTHERMS DARLENE M, RECORD ROBERT W, Legal: Sub/Mine: WARM SPRINGS ADD #2 DU Lot: 7 Block: 1 City: DUBOIS, Sub/Mine: WARM SPRINGS ADD #2 DU Lot: 8 Block: 1 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: COOLEY PHILIP L, Rec Date: 12/21/2017
- Grantor: LEININGER WILL CLEMENS, Legal: Sub/Mine: NORTH HEIGHTS ADD DU Lot: 8 Block: 10 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: SHAW DIANA , SHAW SKYE W, Rec Date: 12/21/2017
- Grantor: DIEHL LEWIS B, Legal: Sub/Mine: ASHGROVE ADD RI Lot: 3 Block: 27 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: DIEHL LEWIS B, DIEHL ARLYNE W, Rec Date: 12/21/2017
- Grantor: SMITH RICHARD D, SMITH PATRICIA C, Legal: Sub/Mine: CECIL WOOD ADD RI Lot: 1 Block: 3 City: RIVERTON. Grantee: SMITH RICHARD DEAN TRUSTEE, SMITH PATRICIA CAROL TRUSTEE, SMITH FAMILY REVOCABLE TRUST, Rec Date: 12/22/2017
- Grantor: LOWE JEAN CONNELL, Legal: Section: 15 Township: 4N Range: 4W, Grantee: JOHNSON CATTLE CO, Rec Date: 12/22/2017
- Grantor: WAITS EARL J TRUSTEE, SHEPHERD MARGARET J TRUSTEE, SHEPHERD WAITS CHARITABLE REMAINDER TRUST, Legal: Sub/Mine: TROSPER S ADD LA Lot: 15 Block: 117 City: LAN..., Sub/Mine: TROSPER S ADD LA Lot: 16 Block: 117 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: TROSPER S ADD LA Lot: 17 Block: 117 City: LANDER, Grantee: WR MANAGEMENT LLC, Rec Date: 12/26/2017
- Grantor: JOHNSON SHANE, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 3 Block: 3 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: CABADA SERGIO , Rec Date: 12/26/2017
- Grantor: PICKETT IRREVOCABLE TRUST, PICKETT EDD TRUSTEE, PICKETT VAUGHN TRUSTEE, Legal: Section: 8 Township: 2N Range: 5E, Grantee: SHAVER LINDSAY NEALAN, SHAVER BELINDA NANCE, Rec Date: 12/26/2017