TodayDec 27, 2017 From staff reports
A daughter was born to Sheyla Gies of Riverton and Jorey Gies of Riverton at 11:31 a.m. December 26, at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 3 ounces.
Thomas Tomlinson, 74, of Riverton passed away on Sunday, Dec. 24, 2017, at Wind River Care and Rehabilitation Center.A memorial service will be held at Davis Funeral Home at a date to be announced.
Funeral services for Mary Ann Whiteplume-LeBeau, 76, will be held 10 a.m., Thursday, Dec. 28, 2017, at Davis Funeral Home.Cremation will follow services and inurnment will be held at Whiteplume Cemetery at a later date.
William F. McKinney, 67, of Casper, formally of Riverton, passed away on Friday, Dec. 22, 2017, at the Shepard of The Valley in Casper. A memorial service will be held at Davis Funeral Home on Friday, January 5, 2018, at 2:00 pm. Inurnment will follow at Mountain View Cemetery.
Thursday, December 28
The Riverton Annual Christmas Bird Count meets at 7:30 a.m. at McDonald's, 813 N. Federal Blvd. Everyone is welcome. For more information call 856-6690.
Friday, December 29
The Last Dance of 2017 is 6:30-9 p.m. at the Riverton Senior Center. Everyone is welcome to dance to the live music of Packin the Mail with Dan Seeley. There is no cover charge, but attendees will pass the hat for the band. Refreshments will be served.
Saturday, December 30
A New Year's Eve Eve Party will be from 7 p.m. to 11 p.m. at the Headwaters Art and Conference Center in Dubois. Donations will be taken at the door and guests must bring a finger food dish to share. The event will be Bring Your Own Beer and pop and water will be on sale. Music by Packin' The Mail.
Laura Vietti, a Thermopolis native and museum and collection manager at the University of Wyoming Geological Museum will be the featured speaker of the Wyoming Community Bank's Discovery Speakers Series at the Riverton Museum at 3 p.m. She will be speaking on Wyoming paleontology, historical discoveries of Wyoming's fossils, the founding of UW's Geological Museum and fossils discovered from the Wind River Basin. The event is free to the public. For more information call 856-2665.
Monday, January 1
A First Day Hike starts at 10 a.m. at Boysen State Park Headquarters, 120 Boysen Drive. The hike will be about one mile long through moderate to difficult terrain with the goal of seeing breathtaking views rarely seen by the public. The hike will end back at the headquarters office where hot chocolate and refreshments will be served. For more information call park superintendent John Bass at 876-2796.
A First Day Hike starts at 1 p.m. at then ature Trail Parking Lot in the Popo Agie Campground at Sinks Canyon State Park. The hike is approximately 3 miles along the Canyon Loop Trail. Dogs on leashes are permitted. For more information call Jamie Simonson at 332-6333.
A First Day Hike starts at 11 a.m. at the Dance Hall in South Pass City. The hike is 2 miles long. Dogs on leashes are permitted. For more information call Joe Ellis at 332-3684.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday:
No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of East Sunset Drive.
No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 12:10 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of East Sunset Drive.
No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 12:15 p.m. Tuesday on North Federal Boulevard.
No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 4 p.m. Tuesday in the 1000 block of North Federal Boulevard.
Four people were arrested at about 5 p.m. Tuesday in the 900 block of Forest Drive for criminal entry: Vincent Yellowbear, 56, of Riverton, Joseph Twiss, 43, Riverton, Rosetta Hutchinson, 40, Ethete and Robin Blind, 36, Riverton. Officials said they "split a window open" and entered an empty apartment.
Police responded at about 5:10 p.m. Tuesday to reports of a minor hit and run incident in the 1000 block of East Main Street.
Minor damage to a fence was recorded in a hit and run incident reported at about 8:40 p.m. Tuesday at the intersection of Webbwood Road and Broadway.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday:
Deputies responded at about 5:15 p.m. Tuesday to reports of a hit and run incident involving a stop sign at the intersection of Sunnyside Avenue and Webbwood Road in Riverton.
Minor injuries were recorded in a traffic incident reported at about 8 p.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Haymaker Road near Riverton. Initial reports indicate a truck "went off into the ravine."
Minor injuries were recorded in a traffic incident reported at about 8:20 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of Lyons Valley Road near Lander. Initial reports indicate one car slid into another car on the road.
No injuries were recorded in a traffic incident reported at about 9:30 p.m. Tuesday in the 13000 block of U.S. Highway 26 near Riverton. Initial reports indicate the incident involved a vehicle slide-off.
Justin Pedersen, 20, of Casper, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
Grantor: SOLAN LYNDA I, Legal: Sub/Mine: ASHGROVE ADD RI Lot: 3 Block: 18 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: FIRST INTERSTATE BANK, Notes: DEED IN LIEU OF FORECLOSURE, Rec Date: 12/19/2017
- Grantor: FIRST INTERSTATE BANK, Legal: Sub/Mine: ASHGROVE ADD RI Lot: 3 Block: 18 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION, Rec Date: 12/19/2017
- Grantor: EQUINOX PROPERTIES LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: PAINTED HILLS ESTATES #2 DU Lot: 98 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: DAUGS JILL, Rec Date: 12/19/2017
- Grantor: WYOMING COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT AUTHORITY, Legal: Sub/Mine: CLOER 2ND ADD RI Lot: 16 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: POST KIP C, Rec Date: 12/20/2017
- Grantor: SCHEER JOLENE D CO TRUSTEE, SCHEER VERNON L CO TRUSTEE, BARQUIN MARGURITE J REVOCABLE TRUST, Legal: Section: 23 Township: 3N Range: 1W, Grantee: SCHEER JOLENE D, Notes: CORRECTIVE WD, Rec Date: 12/20/2017
- Grantor: DEVISH DONALD A, Legal: Section: 23 Township: 3N Range: 1W, Grantee: MARSHALL KEVIN D , MARSHALL TAMARA, Rec Date: 12/20/2017
- Grantor: MITCHELL JERRY, MITCHELL RHONDA D, Legal: Section: 13 Township: 2N Range: 4E, Grantee: INGALLS RONJA D, INGALLS JASPER H, Rec Date: 12/20/2017
- Grantor: BARTEL DAVID E, LANDIS REBECCA, BENNETT CHRISTINA A, Legal: Sub/Mine: ROARING RIVER SUB DU Lot: 3 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: HAMPTON JOAN M TRUSTEE, HAMPTON JAMES H SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, FRIED JOYCE SUCCESSOR TRUSTEE, Rec Date: 12/20/2017
- Grantor: BUSS DARSI A, Legal: Section: 28 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: BATES DANIEL R, BATES JENNIFER MARIE, Rec Date: 12/21/2017
- Grantor: BERMAN SUSAN J TRUSTEE, BERMAN SUSAN J TRUST, MCGINITY RICHARD C, Legal: Section: 20 Township: 4N Range: 3W, Grantee: BERMAN SUSAN J, MCGINITY RICHARD C, Rec Date: 12/21/2017