Tuesday, December 26, 2017Dec 26, 2017 Today
A boy was born to Rachel Antelope of St. Stephen's at 9:22 p.m. Dec. 22 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 2 ounces.
A boy was born to Alannah Amos of Riverton and Derrick Williams, Jr. of Riverton at 11:28 a.m. Dec. 20 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 7 pounds, 7.1 ounces.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday through Monday:
-Police assisted a vehicle at about 9:54 a.m. Thursday that was stuck in the snow in the 1100 block of West Main Street. No injuries were reported.
- A hit and run accident was reported at about 11:35 a.m. Thursday in the 900 block of North Eighth Street West and Sunset Drive. No further information was available.
- Police assisted a vehicle stuck in the snow at about 12:57 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard. No injuries were reported.
- Police assisted in taking two dogs to the animal shelter in Riverton at about 3:16 p.m. Thursday in the 1000 block of Day Drive.
- Police responded to a call on child abuse and neglect at about 3:20 p.m. Thursday in the 80 block of Blackfoot Avenue. No further information was available.
- A dog was found and taken to the animal shelter by police at about 4:25 p.m. Thursday in the 100 block of Comanche Court.
- Steven Oldman, 27, of Cheyenne, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:40 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Police responded to a harassment report at about 4:36 p.m. Thursday in the 900 block of Moose Drive. Information is pending.
- Franklin Lanier, 47, was arrested at about 5:21 p.m. Thursday at the Center of Hope. Lanier was originally arrested for probation revocation on a Fremont County warrant and later charged with simple assault for striking an officer and reckless endangering for putting others in risk of harm due to setting his clothes on fire while in a jail cell.
- Police responded to a call regarding juveniles reportedly carrying assault rifles outside the 1100 block of East Fremont Avenue at about 6:02 p.m. Thursday. Police made contact with parents and the juveniles, who reported all was OK. No shots were fired.
- Colton Armour, 30, of Ethete, was arrested for pedestrian under the influence of alcohol at about 11:15 p.m. Thursday in the 600 block of West Main Street.
- Police responded to a juvenile problem at 10:10 a.m. Friday in the 60 block of Cheyenne Avenue and Navaho Street after reports of juveniles shooting BB guns.
- Police responded to a harassment report at about 10:41 a.m. Friday in the 200 block of North Fifth Street East after an individual reported harassment via text messages.
- Police cited a 15-year-old male, of Riverton, for use of marijuana at about 11:55 a.m. Friday in the 900 block of Big Horn Drive.
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 31, of Arapahoe was arrested for public intoxication at about 6:38 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of West Adams Avenue and South Second Street West.
- Edward Brown, 58, of Riverton, was arrested for public intoxication at about 4:25 p.m. Saturday in the 800 block of East Main Street.
- Police responded to a family fight call at about 4:45 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of East Pershing Avenue. Police reported it was only a verbal fight and the people involved were separated.
- Justin Jones, 41, of Casper, was arrested on a Riverton municipal warrant after police responded to a fight at about 6:40 p.m. Saturday in the 100 block of North Broadway Avenue. Also arrested was his brother Sheldon Jones, 37, of Riverton, for breach of peace and cited for possession of a controlled substance.
- Dan Black, 38, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant at about 9:27 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of West Monroe Avenue.
- Dwight Harris, 23, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a Riverton municipal warrant at about 9:30 p.m. Saturday in the 500 block of East Washington Avenue.
- Police responded to a fight at about 10:09 Saturday in the 2000 block of North Federal Boulevard that turned out to be a verbal fight.
- Police responded to a family fight at about 5:27 a.m. Sunday in the 600 block of Spencer Street that turned out to be a verbal fight.
- Police reported the theft of a truck at about 5:54 p.m. Sunday in the 1300 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Police responded to a plane crash at about 6:13 p.m. Sunday at the Riverton Regional Airport. According to police reports, the airplane didn't crash and only slid off the runway. The family was reportedly traveling to Idaho and stopped in Riverton to refuel but had trouble taking off.
- Police assisted a vehicle that had reportedly slid off the road at about 11:06 p.m. Sunday in the 1200 block of West Monroe Avenue. No injuries or damages were reported.
- Police responded to reports of a threatening situation at about 11:27 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of South Broadway Avenue. Police reported the situation was only a verbal family fight.
Police responded to a theft call at about 8:04 a.m. Monday in the 1300 block of South Federal Boulevard. Officers reported a rifle and car battery were stolen from an unlocked vehicle.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday through Tuesday:
-Megan Kougher, 23, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County arrest warrant for probation revocation.
- Deputies responded to an animal abuse call at about 8:44 a.m. Thursday in the 2300 block of Missouri Valley Road after reports of an "abundance of kittens that have been sick."
- Deputies were asked to conduct a welfare check for an individual with warrants at about 1:35 p.m. Thursday in Hudson regarding "violence to the student when she is there and drinks a lot of alcohol."
- Deputies responded to a harassment call at about 4:54 p.m. Thursday in the 30 block of Charbonneau Drive in Riverton regarding an individual getting harassing text messages over a dog he purchased from a lady in Utah.
- Kristopher Cunningham, 38, of Riverton, was arrested at about 12:57 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of Yvonne Drive in Riverton on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office arrest warrant for failed to appear in court.
- Randall Englert, 41, of Lander, was arrested at about 2:53 p.m. Friday in the 400 block of Market Street on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office arrest warrant for delivery of methamphetamine.
- Jeff Greenwell, 50, of Lander, was arrested for domestic violence battery and simple assault.
- Cole Story, 39, of Denver, was arrested for probation revocation.
- Vearle Wilson, 40, of Riverton, was arrested on a Converse County arrest warrant for failure to pay court fines. The initial call was recorded as an intoxicated male trying to beat down the door at about 3:56 a.m. Tuesday in the 600 block of Freedom Drive in Riverton.
- Deputies responded to an animal problem regarding someone shooting at a dog at about 9:26 a.m. Friday in the 300 block of Paradise Valley Road in Riverton.
- Deputies responded to a hit and run at about 11:49 a.m. Friday in the 1400 block of Warm Springs Drive in Dubois after the reporting party stated being side swiped by a truck.
- Deputies assisted an individual who called at about 2:14 p.m. Friday in the 100 block of Shortite Drive regarding a nephew who arrived at the residence uninvited and intoxicated and argued with children who were present at the home.
- Deputies assisted the Wind River Police Department in pursuit of a black Dodge Charger at about 12:16 a.m. Saturday on U.S. Highway 287 in Lander.
- Deputies responded to a possible arson on a car at about 5:48 a.m. Saturday in Kinnear. The incident is under investigation.
- Deputies assisted the fire department on a fire call at about 12:11 p.m. Saturday on River Lane in Riverton. Police reported trees on fire that were along the river but not close to any structures.
- Deputies assisted a driver who drove off the road and into the ditch at about 8:20 p.m. Saturday in the 1600 block of North Smith Road and Webbwood Drive in Riverton. No injuries were reported.
- Deputies responded to a trespassing call at about 8:31 a.m. Sunday in the 2000 block of Baldwin Creek Road in Lander after tracks were found in the snow.
- Deputies responded to a call regarding a vehicle in a ditch at about 8:36 a.m. Sunday on Rosewood Avenue in Lander.
- Deputies responded to a call regarding a vehicle spinning that then hit a snow bank at about 10:13 a.m. Sunday in the 100 block of Lower North Fork Road in Lander.
- Deputies responded to a theft call at about 10:16 a.m. Sunday in the 60 block of Tumbleweed Drive in Lander. A gun was reportedly stolen from a vehicle.
- Deputies responded to a hit and run call at about 12:21 p.m. Sunday at Buckhorn Flats Road in Riverton. A fence was reportedly taken down by a vehicle.
- Deputies responded to a property destruction call at about 4:08 p.m. Sunday in the 70 block of North Forth Road in Lander after it was reported someone went through a fence.
- Deputies responded to a suspicious person call at about 4:47 p.m. Sunday in the 2000 block of Baldwin Creek Road in Lander after a report of two subjects with rifles on snowmobiles headed towards an area closed for hunting. Deputies reported the individuals were hunting predators.
- Deputies assisted a vehicle that was stuck in the ditch at about 5:15 p.m. Sunday in Riverton and another that had slid into a ditch at about 5:35 p.m. Sunday in Lander.
- Deputies were called to assist in a structure fire at about 5:51 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of North First Street in Dubois after reports of flames coming out of a chimney.
- Deputies assisted in an animal bite call at about 8:02 p.m. Sunday in the 300 block of North Main Street in Hudson after a dog reportedly bit an individual.
- Deputies were called to assist on a noise complaint call at about 10:06 p.m. Sunday in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue.
- Deputies responded to a fight at about 10:36 p.m. Sunday in the 1600 block of North Smith Road in Riverton after an individual was reportedly intoxicated and outside in his vehicle "causing problems, headed towards Gardens North."
- A 17-year-old juvenile was cited for youthful offender driving while under the influence at about 1:06 a.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Delfelder Road in Riverton. The juvenile reportedly rolled her vehicle and reported a possible broken ankle. Deputies recorded the incident as a minor crash.