TodayDec 21, 2017 From staff reports
Jimmy R. Rowe, 73, of Riverton, passed away Wednesday, Dec. 20, 2017, at his home. A celebration of life will be held at a later date.
Friday, December 22
The Riverton monthly blood draw and flu clinic will be from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the Community Health Centers of Central Wyoming at 2002 West Sunset Drive in suite 2. Wyoming Health fairs will be offering self-pay, walk-in wellness screenings for the Riverton community.
Sunday, December 24
The Neighborhood Alliance Church located at 4440 Riverview Road will have a special Christmas children's musical presentation at 10 a.m. All are welcome to attend and hear the Christmas story, told from the perspective of the stars.
The Christmas Eve Candlelight service will be from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the United Baptist Church at 1201 East Pershing Avenue.
The Riverton United Methodist Church invites the community to its Christmas Eve services at 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. Both services will be family oriented including carols, readings by youth and adults, and candlelighting. Rev. Deb Olenyik will share a brief meditation, "Come Let Us Adore Him." Casual dress is welcome.
A Very Special Christmas Eve Candlelight Service at the First Baptist Church of Riverton will be from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 840 North First Street.
Thursday, December 28
The Riverton Annual Christmas Bird Count meets at 7:30 a.m. at McDonald's, 813 N. Federal Blvd. Everyone is welcome. For more information call 856-6690.
The Adult Children of Alcoholics group meets 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. WEdnesdays at the Methodist Church (basement side door) at 307 N. Main in Pavillion. 856-1192 or 856-4979.
The American Legion Post 61 meets quarterly in March, June, September and December adn the month of May on the fourth Saturday of the month at the Fremont County Library in Riverton. For more information call Pat Lawson at 851-7400.
Riverton AA meetings are held daily at noon at 118 N. Fifth Street East (brown house) Additional meetings are at 7 a.m. Mondays and Wednesdays and 10 a.m. Sundays. For more information call 463-2853 or 857-1400.
The Master Gardeners Winter Farmers Market is 9-11 a.m. every Saturday all winter at the Fremont County Fairgrounds 4-H LUnch Building. New vendors are welcome. For more information call 851-7562.
Duplicate Bridge Club meets at 6:30 p.m. Mondays and 12:30 p.m. Fridays at the Reach Clubhouse. The events are open to the public. Make sure to bring a bridge partner. For more information call 856-6356.
Food for Fines at all Fremont County Library System branches is November and December. Bring a non-perishable food item and the libraries will clear your overdue fines. This is not applicable to lost or damaged item fees. For more information call the Riverton library at 856-3556, Lander library at 332-5194 and Dubois library at 455-2992.
The Riverton Artists Guild holds its weekly painting sessions 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Wednesdays at the Fremont County Fairgrounds Heritage Hall Building with constructive critique feedback at the end of every session. All media and subject matter are welcome.
Free Acupuncture for Veterans is offered from 10 a.m. to noon at The Soldiers House, located at 1201 E Jackson Ave, Riverton. No appointment necessary. Veterans of all eras are welcome. Treatment is available the first Monday of every month.
A Parkinson's Disease Exercise Class is 1:30-2:30 p.m. every Monday and Wednesday in the Rendezvous Room at the Riverton Senior Center. For more information call 856-6332.
Take Off Pounds Sensibly (TOPS) is at 2:30 p.m. Tuesdays at the Riverton Senior Center. For more information call 857-4156.
The Soldiers House of Fremont County's free healing touch sessions for veterans are held from 2-4 p.m. on the first Tuesday of each month at the Soldiers House, located at at 1201 E Jackson, Riverton. Nancy Sehnert performs the sessions to help veterans cope with stress, anxiety and chronic pain. Each session is 30 minutes and appointment are required. For more information or to schedule an appointment, call Nancy Sehnert at 850-6208.
Bingo Dinner is at 6 p.m. on the second Friday of every month at the Riverton Senior Center. Every event includes a full dinner and 16 games of Bingo with prizes. The suggested donation for registered seniors is $6 and $9 for non-seniors for a meal and two bingo cards.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday:
-Police responded at about 8:40 a.m. Wednesday to reports of a hit and run incident involving a parked car in the 200 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 10:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of North Sixth Street East.
- Ronald Brown, 51, of St. Stephen's, was arrested at about 11:05 a.m. Wednesday in the 1000 block of North Federal Boulevard for public intoxication and on a Riverton municipal warrant.
- Roy Veasey, 55, of Casper, was arrested at about 1:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 2100 block of West Sunset Drive for disorderly conduct. Officials said he was wouldn't leave the hospital and was "laying out on the sidewalk" refusing to get up.
- No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 1:25 p.m. Wednesday on Sapphire Drive.
- Police responded at about 1:45 p.m. Wednesday to reports that someone had stolen about $205 in cash out of a purse in a building in the 1000 block of Forest Drive.
- Jordan Oldman, 24, of Riverton, was arrested at about 4:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of South Federal Boulevard for public intoxication.
- A 13-year-old Riverton girl was entered as a runaway at about 6:20 p.m. Wednesday in the 1000 block of East Park Avenue.
- Malcolm Whiteplume, 27, of Ethete, was arrested at about 10:10 p.m. Wednesday on College Hill Drive on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday:
-Nikki Perry, 32, of Fort Washakie, was arrested at about 10:15 a.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block fo Major Avenue on a Fremont County warrant for contempt of court.
- No injuries were recorded in a vehicle slide-off involving a Toyota Rav4 reported at about 6 p.m. Wednesday on Buckhorn Flats Road near Riverton.
- No injuries were recorded in a vehicle slide-off reported at about 8:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 7900 block of Wyoming Highway 789 near Lander.
- No injuries were recorded in a traffic incident reported at about 9:20 p.m. Wednesday on Tweed Lane near Lander.
- No injuries were recorded in a vehicle slide-off reported at about 11:35 p.m. Wednesday on Pinto Lane near Lander.
-Q94;Grantor: HORROCKS TAISHA JERALDINE, Grantee: CROW ADRIANA NICOLE, Rec Date: 12/13/2017
- Grantor: SELLNOW CHRISTOPHER JAMES, Grantee: MURINKO TESSA ELIZABETH, Rec Date: 12/13/2017
- Grantor: BOWDEN COLBY GUY, Grantee: LASHLEY WHITNEY CAROL, Rec Date: 12/18/2017
-Q94;Grantor: HORROCKS TAISHA JERALDINE, Grantee: CROW ADRIANNA NICOLE, Rec Date: 12/14/2017
-Q94;Grantor: SELLNOW CHRISTOPHER JAMES, Grantee: MURINKO TESSA ELIZABETH, Rec Date: 12/18/2017
- Grantor: JOHNSON GLENN ROBERT, Grantee: SMITH SHILOAH ASPEN SWEETWATER, Rec Date: 12/19/2017