TodayDec 15, 2017 From staff reports
Saturday, December 16
The 2017 Comfort and Joy event to benefit the Pavillion food bank and local children will be from noon to 6 p.m. at the Pavillion Rec Center. Admission is one non-perishable food item per person and each admission receives entry for a 55 inch TV giveaway. Santa will arrive on a fire truck at 2 p.m. There will be live music, sloppy joe lunch from noon to 1:30 p.m., cake walk from 1 to 2 p.m., silent auction and a holiday movie that starts at 4 p.m. For more information or to donate call town hall at 856-2154.
Pictures with Santa will be from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Linton's Big R of Riverton for free.
Monday, December 18
Yoga will take place in the Small Children's Theater at the Riverton library every Monday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. Classes will be a combination of warming and restorative poses. Mats will be provided or participants can bring their own.
Tuesday, December 19
A Blue Christmas Service will be at 7 p.m. at Riverton United Methodist Church, 1116 W. Park Ave. The informal worship is for those who might be grieving losses or are in the midst of personal struggles during this season.
Wednesday, December 20
The Pajama Polar Express Event hosted by the CATS museum will be from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. at 120 South Third Street East in Riverton. Trains depart at 10 a.m., 1 p.m. and 5:30 p.m. on Dec. 20 and 21. There will be games, science experiments, pictures with Santa and snacks. Tickets can be purchased in advance at the museum $3 for members and $5 for non-members.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday:
-Garrett Medicinecloud, 33, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:25 a.m. Thursday in the 2100 block of West Sunset Drive on two Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrants.
Aloysius Piper, 50, of Ethete, was arrested at about 5:20 a.m. Thursday in the 200 block of West Adams Avenue for public intoxication.
- A 16-year-old Riverton girl was arrested at about 7 a.m. Thursday in the 300 block of Spire Drive for minor in possession and on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant.
- A bicycle was reported stolen at about 7:20 a.m. Thursday from the 200 block of North Ninth Street East.
- Chris Chavez, 60, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:45 a.m. Thursday in the 600 block of East Pershing Avenue for driving under the influence.
- No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 11:45 a.m. Thursday in the 900 block of Webbwood Road.
- Alfreda Monroe, 31, of Riverton, was arrested at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday in the 200 block of West Adams Avenue for public intoxication.
- No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 3 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of West Main Street.
- Michael Goggles, 24, of Riverton, was arrested at about 4:25 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant.
- Holly Wolcott, 49, of Dubois, was arrested at about 8:45 p.m. Thursday in the 300 block of East Main Street for public intoxication.
- Lyndon Howell, 18, of Riverton, was arrested just before midnight in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard for minor in possession and resisting. Officials said when they arrived at the scene Howell "took off running," and when they "shouted at him to stop, he refused." They found him hiding behind a car, according to reports, and even then he "still wouldn't cooperate."
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday:
-Deputies responded at about 11:15 a.m. Thursday to reports that a chainsaw had been stolen from a porch in the 400 block of South Main Street in Hudson.
-Q94;Deputies responded at about 3 p.m. Thursday to reports that items had been stolen a "couple days ago" from a garage on Sunnyside Avenue in Riverton.
- No injuries were recorded after reports state a vehicle struck a deer at about 5:30 p.m. Thursday in the 2400 block of North Second Street in Lander.
- Jose Gonzales, 46, of Fort Washakie, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear and on a Campbell County civil bench warrant for contempt of court.
- A 14-year-old Riverton boy was arrested on a court order.