TodayDec 8, 2017 From staff reports
The page 1 story "Missing woman found in Vegas, had been out on bond for meth" in the Wednesday, Dec. 6, Ranger should have listed the missing woman as Darcie Hartbank.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
-Q94;Renee Miller from Joseph E. Miller II. Joint custody of minor children.
- Kacee Thacker from Jeremy Thacker. Joint custody of minor children. Wife's former name of Rundell restored.
- Carl Matthew Johnson from Arika Scott-Worth. Joint custody of minor child.
- Michael William Dougherty from Wendy Victoria Dougherty.
- Jessie M. Dubiak from Harry P. Dubiak. Joint custody of minor child.
- William L. Eastman, Sr. from Rita A. Eastman.
- Dakota Ryan Woolett from Jennifer Rose Woolett.
Saturday, December 9
A Holiday Open House is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Big Horn Sheep Center in Dubois. There will be deals in the gift shop as well as complimentary cookies and cider, with free admission all day. For more information call 455-3429.
Riverton BPO DOES Craft Fair will from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Elks Lodge. Lunch will be available and vendors are welcome. The fair is open to the public. For more information call 851-4476.
The Annual Riverton Countdown to Christmas Craft and Vendor Fair is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Convention Center, 900 E. Sunset Drive in Riverton. Admission is free and there will be food and drawings. Vendors are wanted, and space is limited. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 857-1613.
Santa Claus will be visiting Sweetwater Garden at 1602 West Main Street in Riverton from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. to take photos with children and families.
The Central Wyoming College United Tribes Powwow in the CWC gym will begin with a grand entry at 2 p.m. Three drum groups will be paid, and there will be prizes for dance contest winners. The fee for vendors is $20 per table. For more information about the alcohol- and drug-free event contact Ivan Posey at 855-2285 or email@example.com.
Make Your Own Christmas Ornaments from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Riverton Museum. Staff will be present to assist and provide materials. Suggested ages are 8 to 13. The event is free.
The Christmas Open House at the Riverton Museum will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free and there will be cookies, coffee and discounts on items from the gift shop.
The Native American Democratic Caucus will meet 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Tribal College in Ethete. The meeting is free and open to the public. Guest speakers include former Wyoming Rep. Patrick Goggles, Wyoming Democratic Party chairman Joe Barbuto, and gubernatorial candidate Mary Throne. Opportunities for leadership positions in the group are available. All interested people are invited to attend to get engaged in grassroots politics.Contact Kevin Wilson at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Metropolitan Opera Live in HD presents Hansel and Gretel 1-3 p.m. at Lander Library's Carnegie Room. Hansel and Gretel is in English with English subtitles. Admission is a suggested $10 donation per family.
The Pioneer Museum Christmas Open House will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 1443 Main Street in Lander. The free event includes crafts, holiday music, hot chocolate, goody bags and more.
Bar J Wranglers' Christmas Concert will be from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Central Wyoming College.
Sunday, December 10
A Festival of Carols will be presented by the music department of Central Wyoming College at 2 p.m. in the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater. Admission is free though donations will be accepted for the Fremont County Good Samaritan Center and the Lander Care and Share FOod Bank. The concert will feature the CWC Collegiate Chorale, Central Wyoming Brass Quintet, and CWC Woodwind Ensemble.
Monday, December 11
The Lions Club annual Pancake Supper will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Riverton Elks Club. A donation of $5 will be accepted and guests should bring canned food for the Elks Christmas food baskets. Tickets are available at the door or from any Lions Club member. Santa Claus will be present.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday:
-Angeline Vargas, 43, of Fort Washakie, was arrested at about 9:30 a.m. Thursday in the 400 block of West Adams Avenue on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant.
Police responded at about 10:30 a.m. Thursday to reports of burglary in the 900 block of East Lincoln Avenue. Officials said nothing was taken, but the front door to a building had been kicked in.
- Braydon Duran, 18, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:50 a.m. Thursday in the 1200 block of West Main Street on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant. A 16-year-old Ethete was arrested on two Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrants and for shoplifting; officials said she took cold medication from a store in the area.
- Aleeah Crispin, 43, of Ethete, was cited at about 12:25 p.m. Thursday in the 1200 block of West Main Street for shoplifting mouthwash from a store in the area.
- Lane O'Neal, 20, of Pavillion, was arrested at about 12:35 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of West Main Street for domestic assault. Officials said he was arguing with his girlfriend and shoving her because he wanted to use her vehicle. Reports state that at some point she reached into the vehicle and he rolled the window up on her arm. No medical attention was required.
- James Jenkins, 37, of Riverton, was arrested at about 4:45 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard on two Riverton municipal warrants.
- Cheryl Arey, 57, of Riverton, was cited at about 8:40 p.m. Thursday in the 500 block of South Third Street West for driving under the influence. Officials said she suffered minor injuries in a traffic incident. Initial reports indicate she had driven into a light pole in the area; no other people or vehicles were involved.
- Paul Bell, 56, of Riverton, and Houston Headley, 49, of Ethete, both were arrested at about 9:55 p.m. Thursday in the 800 block of East Main Street for public intoxication.
- Officials said a vehicle was towed at about 11:35 p.m. Thursday after it was found in the middle of the road with a door open in the 3000 block of West Main Street.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday:
-A 19-year-old man was issued a traffic citation after he was observed driving about 56 mph in a 35 mph speed zone at about 7:30 a.m. Thursday on Cooper Road near Riverton.
- Stacey Bennett, 52, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:05 a.m. Thursday in the 1100 block of Major Avenue on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- No injuries were recorded in a two-vehicle traffic incident reported at about 2:15 p.m. Thursday in the 1500 block of East Monroe Avenue in Riverton.
- Grantor: CHILDERS ALYSSA MARIE, Legal: Sub/Mine: ACCOLA ADD LA Lot: 10 Block: 5 City: LANDER, Grantee: VON HOLTUM CHRISTOPHER, Rec Date: 12/01/2017
- Grantor: FREMONT SHEEP COMPANY INC, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERVIEW ADD RI Lot: 15 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: JARES MARTIN MICHEAL ANN, Rec Date: 12/01/2017
- Grantor: NORTH FEDERAL LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, Legal: Section: 24 Township: 2n Range: 3e , Section: 19 Township: 2n Range: 4e , Section: 13 Township: 2n Range: 3e, Grantee: ANGEL TERRY LAYNE , ANGEL JACKIE MARIE, Rec Date: 12/01/2017
-Q94;Grantor: HERNANDEZ LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 6 Block: 19 ... Grantee: BOUCHARD CHRISTOPHER, Rec Date: 12/01/2017
- Grantor: MARTIN RICK D, Legal: Sub/Mine: ASHGROVE ADD RI Lot: 10 Block: 19 City: RIVER... Grantee: WARD DOYLE R, Rec Date: 12/01/2017
- Grantor: FEDERAL HOME LOAN MORTGAGE CORP, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN OF RI Lot: 12 Block: 45... Grantee: VREDENBURG MATTHEW R, Rec Date: 12/01/2017
- Grantor: DAVIS MAURICE A. , DAVIS MILDRED F., Legal: Section: 30 Township: 3n Range: 4e, Grantee: NORTH FEDERAL LIMITED PARTNERSHIP, Rec Date: 12/01/2017
- Grantor: HANCOCK ROLAND BURDETTE, HANCOCK SARAH MICHELLE, Legal: Sub/Mine: PORCUPINE SUB FILING #2 DU Lot: 95 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: LETIERE CODY, Rec Date: 12/04/2017
-Q94;Grantor: WIMBER ERIC Z , WINBER ANGELA M, Legal: Sub/Mine: BARRANCA VISTA SUB RI Lot: 9 Block: A City: RIVERTON, Grantee: STALLEY COLIN J, STALLEY KAYLA, Rec Date: 12/05/2017
- Grantor: MENZIES JEFF, Legal: Sub/Mine: WOODRIDGE ESTATES REPLAT LOTS 2-6 BLOCK 12 RIVERTON,. Grantee: WIMBER ERIC Z , WIMBER ANGELA M, Rec Date: 12/05/2017
- Grantor: FRANTA STEVEN T, Legal: Section: 34 Township: 31N Range: 100W, Grantee: SWEENEY TRAVIS L, SWEENEY SARAH L, Rec Date: 12/05/2017
- Grantor: CLARK DAVID M , CLARK JUDITH G, Legal: Sub/Mine: THREE POINTS SUBDIVISION MI Lot: 1 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: DE VORE AMANDA, DE VORE JOSHUA, Rec Date: 12/05/2017