TodayDec 7, 2017 From staff reports
Lorna Marie Corbett, 71, of Lander, passed away Monday, Dec. 4, 2017. A memorial service will be held at a later date in Lander.
Saturday, December 9
A Holiday Open House is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Big Horn Sheep Center in Dubois. There will be deals in the gift shop as well as complimentary cookies and cider, with free admission all day. For more information call 455-3429.
Riverton BPO DOES Craft Fair will from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Elks Lodge. Lunch will be available and vendors are welcome. The fair is open to the public. For more information call 851-4476.
The Annual Riverton Countdown to Christmas Craft and Vendor Fair is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Convention Center, 900 E. Sunset Drive in Riverton. Admission is free and there will be food and drawings. Vendors are wanted, and space is limited. For more information email email@example.com or call 857-1613.
Santa Claus will be visiting Sweetwater Garden at 1602 West Main Street in Riverton from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. to take photos with children and families.
The Central Wyoming College United Tribes Powwow in the CWC gym will begin with a grand entry at 2 p.m. Three drum groups will be paid, and there will be prizes for dance contest winners. The fee for vendors is $20 per table. For more information about the alcohol- and drug-free event contact Ivan Posey at 855-2285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Your Own Christmas Ornaments from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Riverton Museum. Staff will be present to assist and provide materials. Suggested ages are 8 to 13. The event is free.
The Christmas Open House at the Riverton Museum will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free and there will be cookies, coffee and discounts on items from the gift shop.
The Native American Democratic Caucus will meet 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Tribal College in Ethete. The meeting is free and open to the public. Guest speakers include former Wyoming Rep. Patrick Goggles, Wyoming Democratic Party chairman Joe Barbuto, and gubernatorial candidate Mary Throne. Opportunities for leadership positions in the group are available. All interested people are invited to attend to get engaged in grassroots politics.Contact Kevin Wilson at email@example.com with questions.
Metropolitan Opera Live in HD presents Hansel and Gretel 1-3 p.m. at Lander Library's Carnegie Room. Hansel and Gretel is in English with English subtitles. Admission is a suggested $10 donation per family.
The Pioneer Museum Christmas Open House will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 1443 Main Street in Lander. The free event includes crafts, holiday music, hot chocolate, goody bags and more.
Bar J Wranglers' Christmas Concert will be from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Central Wyoming College.
Sunday, December 10
A Festival of Carols will be presented by the music department of Central Wyoming College at 2 p.m. in the Robert A. Peck Arts Center Theater. Admission is free though donations will be accepted for the Fremont County Good Samaritan Center and the Lander Care and Share FOod Bank. The concert will feature the CWC Collegiate Chorale, Central Wyoming Brass Quintet, and CWC Woodwind Ensemble.
Monday, December 11
The Lions Club annual Pancake Supper will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Riverton Elks Club. A donation of $5 will be accepted and guests should bring canned food for the Elks Christmas food baskets. Tickets are available at the door or from any Lions Club member. Santa Claus will be present.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday:
-Police responded at about 4:10 a.m. Wednesday to reports that three vehicles had been "egged" in the 700 block of North First Street. Another vehicle was reported "egged" at about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of North Second Street West.
-Q94;Robin Jensen, 51, of Riverton, was arrested at about 7:45 a.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of North Broadway for operating a vehicle without an interlock device; he also was cited for speeding.
-Q94;Kasia Monroe, 26, of Riverton, was arrested at about 9 a.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard for shoplifting, wrongful disposing of property and wrongful taking of property. Officials said she had stolen several items from a store in the area and had posted the items for sale online. Someone associated with the stores saw that the items were for sale and told Monroe he would buy them, according to reports. He then told police about the situation, and an officer went with him to make the purchase; Monroe was arrested at that time.
-Q94;Minor damage was recorded after a hit and run incident reported at about 1:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of East Main Street.
- Police responded at about 4 p.m. Wednesday to reports that tools and a knife had been stolen out of the glove box of an unlocked vehicle in the 600 block of South Federal Boulevard.
-Q94;No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 4:40 p.m. Wednesday in the 600 block of North Ninth Street East. Steven Wunder, 66, of Riverton, was arrested for entering or crossing a roadway.
-Q94;Kenneth Shakespeare, 31, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard for open container and public intoxication.
-Q94;Jamie Hendrickson, 33, of Riverton, was arrested at about 5 p.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of West Adams Avenue for possession of methamphetamine and probation revocation.
-Q94;Jacob Lujan, 37, of Riverton, was arrested at about 6 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of West Jefferson Avenue on three Riverton municipal warrants.
-Q94;Christopher SunRhodes, 64, of Riverton, was arrested at about 7 p.m. Wednesday in the 200 block of West Adams Avenue for public intoxication.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday:
-The Wyoming Highway Patrol responded at about 7:55 a.m. Wednesday to reports of a one-vehicle rollover in the 4700 block of Wyoming Highway 789 near Sweetwater Station.
- Carmella Lambert, 26, of Riverton, was arrested at about 1:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 1100 block of Major Avenue in Riverton on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear and on a Fremont County civil bench warrant for contempt of court.
- Deputies responded at about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday to reports that dogs were chasing cattle in the 900 block of Rendezvous Road near St. Stephen's.
- Denzyl Brown, 24, of Riverton, was arrested at about 7:10 p.m. Wednesday in the 400 block of West Main Street on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
- Grantor: OLEINIK PROPERTY HOLDING COMPANY LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: NEIBERGER 1ST ADD RI Lot: E City: RIVERTON, Grantee: HARMAN MANAGEMENT CORPORATION, Notes: TRACT E, Rec Date: 11/27/2017
- Grantor: MCAUSLAN TED R , MCAUSLAN BAN, MCAUSLAN EDWARD II ATTORNEY IN FACT, Legal: Sub/Mine: STANLEY SUBDIVISION RI Lot: 1 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: WILSON CHARLES FOSTER, Rec Date: 11/27/2017
- Grantor: BURR MARCIE L , BURR GEORGE E, Legal: Sub/Mine: LAKEVIEW SUB RI Lot: 13 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: MANTLE LONNIE, Rec Date: 11/28/2017
- Grantor: STANBURY DOUGLAS LEE CO TRUSTEE, STANBURY JANE MARIE CO TRUSTEE, STANBURY DOUGLAS LEE REVOCABLE TRUST, Legal: Sub/Mine: SACKMAN 4TH ADD RI Lot: 1 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: ROBINSON SCOTT D , ROBINSON LYNNE, Rec Date: 11/28/2017
- Grantor: SCHAFER JAMES R, SCHAFER DANIELLE, Legal: Section: 9 Township: 32N Range: 99W, Grantee: MOTTIN TERRY L, Rec Date: 11/28/2017
-Q94;Grantor: IRWIN PHYLLIS L TRUSTEE, JONES HUGH W ADMINISTRATIVE TRUST, IRWIN PHYLLIS L , Legal: Section: 20 Township: 33N Range: 99W, Grantee: IRWIN PHYLLIS L, JONES THOMAS A, ARBENZ NANCY A, Rec Date: 11/28/2017
-Q94;Grantor: IRWIN PHYLLIS L, JONES THOMAS A, ARBENZ NANCY A, Legal: Section: 20 Township: 33N Range: 99W, Grantee: PATRICK CONSTRUCTION INC, Rec Date: 11/28/2017
-Q94;Grantor: VANDERVOST CHARLES ROBERT TRUSTEE, VANDERVOST ROBERT E LIVING TRUST, VANDERVORT ROBERT E ADMINISTRATIVE TRUST, Legal: Section: 33 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Rec Date: 11/28/2017
- Grantor: SEDLACEK ROBERTS S, SEDLACEK REAL PROPERTY TRUST, SELACEK NELDA R, Legal: Section: 30 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: FREMONT COUNTY SCHOOL DISTRICT 25, Rec Date: 11/29/2017
- Grantor: COLLINS JOHN E, Legal: Section: 19 Township: 1N Range: 4E , Section: 19 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: SCHAUB GREGG, SCHAUB RAY LYNN, Rec Date: 11/29/2017
-Q94;Grantor: MYERS KENNETH, Legal: Sub/Mine: WIND RIVER ADD RI Lot: 9 Block: 2 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: MYERS KENNETH TRUSTEE, MYERS KENNETH REVOCABLE TRUST, Rec Date: 11/30/2017
-Q94;Grantor: WILSON DIANA L, Legal: Sub/Mine: GARDENS NORTH SUB MI Lot: 161 City: MISCELLAN...Grantee: SHAW RICHARD, SHAW CYNTHIA, Rec Date: 11/30/2017
-Q94;Grantor: FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION , FANNIE MAE, Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNSET 1ST ADD LA Lot: 12 Block: 1 City: LANDER, Grantee: KELLOGG JULIA, Rec Date: 11/30/2017