TodayDec 6, 2017 From staff reports
A baby was born to Jerika and Jeremy Little of Riverton at 5:50 a.m. Nov. 30 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 7 pounds and .8 ounces .
Charles "Chuck" Dziatkiewicz, 68, of Dubois, passed away at the Help for Health Hospice Home in Riverton. As were his wished cremation has taken place and a private family service will be held at a later date.
Lawrence "Larry" Weasel Head, 62, a member of the Black Feet Nation, died peacefully Dec. 1,2017, at his home. A memorial service will be held at 11 a.m. Monday, Dec. 11, 2017, at CES.
Thursday, December 7
The Star Wars Movie Marathon at the Riverton Library continues from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m. Dec. 7 and again Dec. 14 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. Costumes will be permitted and refreshments will be provided.
The December Science club hosted by the Central Wyoming Children's Center for Art, Technology and Science will be held on the first two Thursdays of December from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. for students in grades third through fifth.
The Lander Valley High School Drama Club will be performing Bye Bye Birdie the musical at 7 p.m. Dec. 7-9. Individual tickets are $5, two tickets are $8 and four tickets are $15. Group discounts will be offered if purchased in-person. Tickets are also available at Eventbright.com or from members of the cast and directors. For more information contact Erika Dierking at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, December 9
A Holiday Open House is 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Big Horn Sheep Center in Dubois. There will be deals in the gift shop as well as complimentary cookies and cider, with free admission all day. For more information call 455-3429.
Riverton BPO DOES Craft Fair will from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Elks Lodge. Lunch will be available and vendors are welcome. The fair is open to the public. For more information call 851-4476.
The Annual Riverton Countdown to Christmas Craft and Vendor Fair is 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at the Holiday Inn Convention Center, 900 E. Sunset Drive in Riverton. Admission is free and there will be food and drawings. Vendors are wanted, and space is limited. For more information email email@example.com or call 857-1613.
Santa Claus will be visiting Sweetwater Garden at 1602 West Main Street in Riverton from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. to take photos with children and families.
The Central Wyoming College United Tribes Powwow in the CWC gym will begin with a grand entry at 2 p.m. Three drum groups will be paid, and there will be prizes for dance contest winners. The fee for vendors is $20 per table. For more information about the alcohol- and drug-free event contact Ivan Posey at 855-2285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Your Own Christmas Ornaments from 2 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Riverton Museum. Staff will be present to assist and provide materials. Suggested ages are 8 to 13. The event is free.
The Christmas Open House at the Riverton Museum will be from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is free and there will be cookies, coffee and discounts on items from the gift shop.
The Native American Democratic Caucus will meet 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the Tribal College in Ethete. The meeting is free and open to the public. Guest speakers include former Wyoming Rep. Patrick Goggles, Wyoming Democratic Party chairman Joe Barbuto, and gubernatorial candidate Mary Throne. Opportunities for leadership positions in the group are available. All interested people are invited to attend to get engaged in grassroots politics.Contact Kevin Wilson at email@example.com with questions.
Metropolitan Opera Live in HD presents Hansel and Gretel 1-3 p.m. at Lander Library's Carnegie Room. Hansel and Gretel is in English with English subtitles. Admission is a suggested $10 donation per family.
The Pioneer Museum Christmas Open House will be from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at 1443 Main Street in Lander. The free event includes crafts, holiday music, hot chocolate, goody bags and more.
Bar J Wranglers' Christmas Concert will be from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. at Central Wyoming College.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday:
-Minor damage was recorded in a hit and run incident reported at about 7:55 a.m. Tuesday in the 1000 block of East Main Street.
- A 12-year-old Riverton boy was cited at about 8:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of Major Avenue for petit larceny. Reports state he stole a cell phone off of a bus.
- A 12-year-old Riverton girl was cited at about 11:30 a.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of Major Avenue for petit larceny. Reports state she stole a cell phone.
- Police responded at about noon Tuesday to reports of fraud in the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard. The reporting party said someone claiming to be with the Internal Revenue Service had called her and said she needed to buy $150 in iTunes cards and give the caller the bar code number. After she did that, she said the caller then asked for her bank account number, and she became suspicious, according to reports.
- Nicole Onsager, 40, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of North Broadway for bond revocation.
- Law enforcement responded at about 10:45 a.m. Tuesday to reports of that a gray four-door 2001 Toyota Avalon had been stolen from Firethorn Lane in Riverton. The reporting party said the vehicle had been sent out on a test drive with a potential buyer, who later told the seller that another individual had taken the vehicle. The car was found at about 5:40 p.m. Tuesday parked and undamaged in front of a trailer on Comanche Court, according to reports; it was returned to its owner. Officials said the incident involved a miscommunication about the length of a test drive.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
-No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 8 a.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of Baldwin Creek Road in Lander.
- Anthony Oldman, 25, of Riverton, was arrested at about 12:30 a.m. Wednesday in the 1500 block of West Main Street in Riverton on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
- Martin Blueford, 22, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation for the Court Assisted Supervised Treatment Program.
- Jesse Canady, 22, of Lander, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- Kera Coffee, 35, of Riverton, was arrested for probation violation for the Court Assisted Supervised Treatment Program.
- Brandon Conrad, 32, of Cody, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
- Victoria Cook, 23, of Arapahoe, was arrested for probation violation for the Court Assisted Supervised Treatment Program.
- Tilford Lee, 37, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for contempt of court.
- Grantor: WALKER JESSICA JT , WALKER TRAVIS SCOTT, Legal: Sub/Mine: BALDWIN CREEK ESTATES 1ST FILING LA Lot: 7 City: LANDER, Grantee: GAZSO JOHN T, Rec Date: 11/21/2017
- Grantor: JCK LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: BEAVER CREEK ESTATES MI Lot: 9 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: BENNETT TONYA, Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: REED TAMARA A, Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 15 Block: 13, Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 14 Block: 13, Grantee: SA LLC, Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: TRAMP PAUL, Legal: Section: 2 Township: 33N Range: 100W, Grantee: GERKEN KREG, GERKEN GINA, Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: GERKEN KREG, GERKEN GINA, Legal: Sub/Mine: WEST COURT ADD LA Lot: 15 Block: 34 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: WEST COURT ADD LA Lot: 16 Block: 34 City: LAN..., Sub/Mine: WEST COURT ADD LA Lot: 17 Block: 34 City: LANDER, Grantee: DONALDSON ERIC VIRGIL, DONALDSON KATHERINE LYNNAE, Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: INGALLS SAMUEL, Legal: Section: 20 Township: 2N Range: 2E, Grantee: JARVIS TY N, JARVIS ESTHER S, Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: HOWERTON JAMES LAYTON, Legal: Sub/Mine: BERTHA BERLIN EXTENSION OF ASHGROVE ADD RI, Grantee: MARSHALL MICHAEL, MARSHALL TONYA, Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: HALL DELORES G, Legal: Sub/Mine: BIG WYOMING 2ND ADD RI Lot: 28 Block: 3 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: TOLSTEDT ANTHONY, Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: DESHLER PATRICIA A TRUSTEE, DESHLER PATRICIA A LIVING TRUST, Legal: Half: N Quarter: SW Section: 29 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: DIVERSIFIED INVESTMENTS LLC , Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: YARDAS TANYA R, YARDAS JUSTIN C, Legal: Sub/Mine: AMORETTIS 1ST ADD LA Lot: 8 Block: 53 City: L... Grantee: FREELAND NICHOLAS, FREELAND EMMA, Rec Date: 11/27/2017
- Grantor: FRINK EDWARD JENNINGS TRUSTEE, MONDORF P E TRUSTEE, MONDORF P E TRUSTEE, Legal: Sub/Mine: TROSPER S ADD LA Lot: 4 Block: 11 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: TROSPER S ADD LA Lot: 5 Block: 11 City: LANDER, Grantee: EVANS PATRICIA M, Rec Date: 11/27/2017