TodayDec 1, 2017 From staff reports
A son was born to Danielle Pedersen of Riverton at 2:57 a.m. Nov. 28 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 7 pounds, 15.7 ounces.
A daughter was born to Monalisa Haynes of Riverton and Zachary Haynes of Riverton at 6:05 p.m. Nov. 28 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 6 pounds, 10 ounces.
A son was born to Tamara Grace Medicine Cloud of Lander and Christian Leroy Williamson Sr. of Billings, Montana at 5:11 p.m. Nov. 29 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 7 pounds, 2.5 ounces.
A baby was born to Jerika Little of Riverton at 5:50 a.m. Nov. 30 at SageWest Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 7 pounds and .8 ounces .
Robert "Bob" Benda, 80, of Hudson, passed away Nov. 29, 2017, in Lander. Funeral services will be held at 10 a.m. Wednesday, Dec. 6, at the Chapel of Mount Hope in Hudson's Funeral Home. Visitation will begin that morning at 9 a.m.
Peter Piplica, 89, of Lander, peacefully passed away Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2017, with his family at his side. Funeral services will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2017, at the Chapel of Mount Hope in Hudson's Funeral Home. Visitation will be prior to the service at 11 a.m.
Saturday, December 2
Fremont County Nativity Celebration will be held at 430 Elizabeth Drive in Riverton November 30 through December 2. November 30, 5-9 p.m., December 1, 5-9 p.m., December 2, 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. The community event will showcase nativities, children's activities, musical performances, artwork displays and family photos.
The United Methodist Church Christmas Bazaar will from from 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at 1116 West Park Avenue. Rolls and coffee will be served from 9 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. A luncheon will be from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. for $7, along with a cookie walk, candy shoppe and oodles for sale by the bag. Tables will be set-up with gifts, jellies, RADA knives, straw brooms and crafts-- all homemade by women of the church.
The Christmas Craft Fair will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at St. Margaret's gym. Admission and coffee is free. Children can take pictures with Santa. The fair is featuring artists from all over western Wyoming including top quality merchandise. Concessions will be open with chili, cheese and chips. For more information call 465-7094.
The 6th Annual Christmas Nativity Walk will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the United Prescbyterian Church at 1101 North Broadway. Attendees can enjoy music, refreshments and a variety of Nativity scenes. Admission is free. For more information call 856-9200 or 856-7064.
The Central Wyoming College Equine Center chili cook-off will accept chili entries from 10:30 to 11 a.m. and winners will be announced at 1:30 p.m. Entry fee is $5. Attendees can receive a hot chocolate and chili for $5. Contestants must state name of chili, type of meat and label as mild or hot. Attendees can vote on their favorite by placing money in a jar by their favorite chili. Chili with most money wins and winner will receive prizes. All proceeds help the equine students for the annual International Certified Horsemanship Association conference. For more information call Jennifer Cole at 855-2302 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Horse drawn sleigh rides with Santa at the Central Wyoming College equine center will be from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Cost is $3 for children and $5 for adults.
The Wyoming Wildlife Federation Annual Board Meeting is noon to 2 p.m. Dec. 2 at the Fremont County Library, 451 N. Second St., in Lander.
Breakfast with Bighorns: Join Big Horn Sheep Center staff and volunteers on a driving tour and short trek of our local bighorn sheep habitat viewing area 8-10 a.m. from Dubois. A light breakfast will be provided. For more information call 455-3429.
A clothing giveaway will be held 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Wind River Lutheran Mission at the corner of Trout Creek Road and Highway 287 near Hines General Store in Fort Washakie. Everyone is welcome.
The annual Spirit of Christmas event is at 7 p.m. at the Headwaters Arts & Conference Center in Dubois. Packin' the Mail will play western dancing music, and Mr. and Mrs. Claus will be attending. Desserts will be served at intermission, when the winners of a gift basket raffle will be announced. . Donations are appreciated at the door. For more information call 455-2284.
The Wind River Native Advocacy Center Annual Membership Meeting is 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the new office in the log building next to Hines Store in Fort Washakie. Lunch will be provided, and there will be door prizes. Participants can contribute input to local issues and hear about our 2018 projects. For more information contact email@example.com.
Tuesday, December 5
A Landlord Basics Class will be 6-9 p.m. in the Central Wyoming College ProTech building room #150. Cost is $10. To register for the R Recreation class call 855-2026.
Wednesday, December 6
"ICCE Project and the Dinwoody Glacier" will be held at 6 p.m. Dec. 6 in room 116 of the Central Wyoming College Intertribal Community Education Center. The panel discussion is part of the Institute of Tribal Learning 2017-18 Speaker Series. Speakers will be CWC faculty, the Wind River Water Board and others.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Thursday:
-Records were unavailable Friday.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Thursday:
-Deputies responded at about 1:30 p.m. Thursday to reports that a motorist had struck a deer and damaged a fence in the 200 block of East Pavillion Road near Pavillion.
- Aaron Goldberg, 20, of Riverton, was arrested at about 1:45 p.m. Thursday in the 1100 block of Major Avenue in Riverton for bond violation.
- Deputies responded at about 2 p.m. Thursday to reports that someone had driven through a gate on Pattison Farm Road near Pavillion.
- Melvin John, 37, of Riverton, was arrested at about 5:40 p.m. Thursday in the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard in Riverton on two Fremont County warrants for failure to appear.
- Deputies responded at about 9:10 p.m. Thursday to reports that a green metal gate had been damaged by a vehicle on East Monroe Avenue in Riverton.
- Deputies responded at about 9:25 p.m. Thursday to reports that there was a "pig in the middle of the intersection" in the 2400 block of Missouri Valley Road near Pavillion.
- Grantor: WALKER JESSICA JT , WALKER TRAVIS SCOTT, Legal: Sub/Mine: BALDWIN CREEK ESTATES 1ST FILING LA Lot: 7 City: LANDER, Grantee: GAZSO JOHN T, Rec Date: 11/21/2017
- Grantor: JCK LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: BEAVER CREEK ESTATES MI Lot: 9 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: BENNETT TONYA, Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: REED TAMARA A, Legal: Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 15 Block: 13, Sub/Mine: LANDER ORIGINAL TOWN OF LA Lot: 14 Block: 13, Grantee: SA LLC, Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: TRAMP PAUL, Legal: Section: 2 Township: 33N Range: 100W, Grantee: GERKEN KREG, GERKEN GINA, Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: GERKEN KREG, GERKEN GINA, Legal: Sub/Mine: WEST COURT ADD LA Lot: 15 Block: 34 City: LANDER, Sub/Mine: WEST COURT ADD LA Lot: 16 Block: 34 City: LAN..., Sub/Mine: WEST COURT ADD LA Lot: 17 Block: 34 City: LANDER, Grantee: DONALDSON ERIC VIRGIL, DONALDSON KATHERINE LYNNAE, Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: INGALLS SAMUEL, Legal: Section: 20 Township: 2N Range: 2E, Grantee: JARVIS TY N, JARVIS ESTHER S, Rec Date: 11/22/2017
- Grantor: HOWERTON JAMES LAYTON, Legal: Sub/Mine: BERTHA BERLIN EXTENSION OF ASHGROVE ADD RI, Grantee: MARSHALL MICHAEL, MARSHALL TONYA, Rec Date: 11/22/2017