TodayNov 21, 2017 From staff reports
Friday's page 1 story about a dead horse found on BLM property should have said "Dead horse had been tied to rock, already dead on public land."
A memorial service for Mary E. (Louise) Mayhew, 89, will be held at 11 a.m. Nov. 20, 2017, at Hudson's Funeral Home. Her remains will be buried next to her husband's at the Bethel Cemetery in Georgetown, Pennsylvania, at a later date in 2018.
Erin "E-Town" Lujan, 16, of Riverton, passed away Monday, Nov. 20, 2017. A viewing and memorial service will be held 7-8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 25, 2017, at Davis Funeral Home. A wake will be at 7 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 26, 2017, at Great Plains Hall. A graveside service will be held at 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 27, 2017, at Arapaho Catholic Cemetery.
Debra Ann Hitchcok, 52, of Dubois, died Saturday, Nov. 18, 2017, at the Warm Valley Lodge in Dubois. Cremation has taken place. A memorial service will be 2 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 25, 2017, at the Warm Valley Lodge with Reverend Melinda Bobo officiating.
Pauline Rosenberg, 89, of Riverton, passed away Monday, Nov. 20, 2017, at Morning Star Care Center.Services will be held at 1 p.m. Friday, Dec. 1, 2017, in Wrightstown, N.J. Burial will be at Brig. General William C. Doyle Veterans Memorial Cemetery.
Ray E. Hinkle, 93, of Riverton, passed away Sunday, Nov. 19, 2017, at his son's home. As were his wishes, no services will be held.
Darlene Chamberlin-Chabo, 84, of Buffalo, passed away Monday, Nov. 20, 2017, at her home. Services are pending through Davis Funeral Home.
Thursday, November 23
The Riverton High School Key Club Thanksving Meal Delivery project will take place Thanksgiving morning. Volunteers can meet at the RHSR00;Career Center at 9 a.m. to package and deliver prepared meals. To donate or for more information, call Alma Law at 463-7478. To request meals call 856-6332.
A free community Thanksgiving dinner is at 1 p.m. at the Pavillion Methodist Church fellowship hall in Pavillion. The meal is open to the public, and there is no charge. Everyone is invited to attend. For more information or questions call 856-3460.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department weekend reports through Monday:
-Two 15-year-olds from Riverton - one girl and one boy - were cited at about 9:20 a.m. Friday in the 1300 block of West Park Avenue for huffing intoxicants.
- Police responded at about 10:20 a.m. Friday to reports from the 1000 block of Falls Court that someone had opened a charter account under a false name.
- Two 13-year-old boys were cited at about 10:50 a.m. Friday in the 800 block of Major Avenue for fighting.
- Edward Brown, 58, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:30 a.m. Friday in the 700 block of North Federal Boulevard for public intoxication. He was arrested again at about 10:50 p.m. Sunday in the 100 block of North Broadway for public intoxication.
- Police responded at about 12:30 p.m. Friday to repots that a vehicle had struck a fence in an alley in the 100 block of West Monroe Avenue.
- Marsha Blackburn, 30, of Riverton, was arrested at about 1 p.m. Friday in the 2600 block of East Monroe Court on a Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant.
- Police responded at about 4:40 p.m. Friday to reports that someone had poured soda into a gas tank in the 100 block of North 13th Street East.
No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 7:45 p.m. Friday in the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard.
- Officials said a female driver suffered minor injuries at about 4 p.m. Saturday after driving her vehicle into a building in the 1200 block of West Main Street. Reports state she was complaining of a headache that may have been due to air bag deployment.
- Christopher SunRhodes, 64, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 6:35 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of East Fremont Avenue for public intoxication.
- Kenneth Shakespeare, 31, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 7:30 p.m. Saturday in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard on three Riverton municipal warrants.
Gregory Duran, 18, of Riverton, was arrested at about 9:40 p.m. Saturday in the 400 block of West Adams Avenue for minor in possession.
Houston Headley, 49, of Ethete, was arrested at about 4:30 p.m. Sunday in the 400 block of North Ninth Street East for public intoxication.
- No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 10:55 a.m. Monday at the intersection of North Federal Boulevard and East Main Street.
- A wallet was reported stolen at about 11:45 a.m. Monday from a restaurant in the 700 block of East Fremont Avenue.
- No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 4 p.m. Monday in the 500 block of West Main Street.
- Gary Blackburn, 32, of Riverton, was arrested at about 10:15 p.m. Monday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard on two Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrants.
- Nicole Antelope, 32, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11:20 p.m. Monday in the 100 block of East Main Street on two Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrants.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office weekend reports through Monday:
-Deputies responded at about 11:40 a.m. Friday to reports that a car had been attacked by a dog in the 300 block of Mortimore Lane in Lander.
Deputies responded at about 12:15 p.m. Friday to reports of a hit and run incident in the 700 block of East Fremont Avenue in Riverton.
- The Burlington Northern Santa Fe Police Department called deputies at about 12:45 p.m. Friday regarding four cows that had been struck by a train near Boysen Reservoir. Officials said BNSF handled the incident and had only contacted the FCSO regarding ownership of the cattle. BNSF was referred to the Wyoming Brand Inspector's Office.
- License plates were reported stolen at about 1:25 p.m. Friday from the 10200 block of Wyoming Highway 789 near Riverton.
- Brian Cousineau, 31, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:45 p.m. Friday in the 300 block of South Federal Boulevard in Riverton on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear and on two Washakie County warrants for failure to appear.
- Injuries were recorded in a two-vehicle traffic incident reported at about 3:30 p.m. Friday in the 4800 block of U.S. Highway 26 near Dubois. The Wyoming Highway Patrol responded, according to initial reports.
- A 28-year-old woman was cited at about 8:45 p.m. Friday in the 800 block of South Federal Boulevard in Riverton for possession of methamphetamine.
- Injuries were recorded in a one-vehicle rollover reported at about 12:09 p.m. Saturday in the 3400 block of Wyoming Highway 28 near South Pass. The initial report indictes the vehicle was on its side.
- Deputies responded at about 4:50 p.m. Saturday to reports that a dog was chasing deer in the 2200 block of Riverview Road in Riverton.
- An 18-year-old woman was cited at about 9 p.m. Saturday in the 900 block of East Sunset Drive in Riverton for possession of marijuana.
- A warrant had been prepared for a suspect who eluded police at about 12:30 a.m. Sunday in the 800 block of East Monroe Avenue, according to reports. Officials said a deputy initiated a traffic stop, and the suspect vehicle pulled over, but the driver ran from the location.
- No injuries were recorded in a traffic incident reported at about 5:50 p.m. Sunday in the 900 block of Missouri Valley Road near Shoshoni.
- James Afterbuffalo, 46, of Riverton, was arrested on a Fremont County warrant for contempt of court and on two Fremont County warrants for failure to appear.
- Nikki Perry, 32, of Fort Washakie, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine and on two Fremont County warrants for failure to appear.
- Kyle Lowe, 25, of Klamath River, California, was arrested at about 5:10 p.m. Monday in the 400 block of Railroad Street in Lander on a Fremont County warrant for probation revocation.
- Deputies responded at about 7:55 p.m. Monday to reports that someone had thrown something out of a vehicle window and broken another vehicle's windshield on Tweed Lane in Lander.
- Grantor: ARIKS RENEA CHRISTINA, Grantee: REHBEIN JODIE ALLEN, Rec Date: 10/25/2017
- Grantor: ELZAY BENJAMIN WEINHOLD, Grantee: WASHKOVIAK LINDSEY MARIE, Rec Date: 10/31/2017
- Grantor: SMITH JULAINE EDENA, Grantee: PACHECO JULIE ANN, Rec Date: 11/01/2017
- Grantor: WILLOW WOLFE JON TYLER, Grantee: HEBAH JOHNNA JENINE, Rec Date: 11/02/2017