TodayNov 9, 2017 From staff reports
Wednesday's arrest report should have said Alfreda Monroe, 31, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:35 a.m. Tuesday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive for public intoxication. Roselin Brown, 48, of Riverton, was the reporting party and was not arrested.
A baby was born to Julie Rogers of Richmond, Va. and Shawn Strickland of Riverton at 5:45 p.m. November 6, at Sage West Health Care at Lander. The baby weighed 5 pounds, 15.2 ounces.
Warren St. Clair, 61, of Fort Washakie, died Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017, in his home. Visitation followed by an all-night wake will begin at 7 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 9, 2017, at Rocky Mountain Hall in Fort Washakie. A funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Friday, Nov. 10, 2017, at Rocky Mountain Hall. Burial will follow in the McAdams Family cemetery.
Friday, November 10
The Northern Arapaho Veterans Day powwow will be Nov. 10-11 at the Great Plains Hall in Arapahoe. Dancer and drum registration starts at 5 p.m. Nov. 10 and grand entry starts at 6 p.m. Gourd dancing will be after the grand entry. Grand entry starts at 3 p.m. Nov. 11. Prize money and specials to be announced. Concessions will be sold. For more information call Felicia J. Antelope at 851-9333 or Valaira Whiteman at 240-1597.
The 242nd Marine Corps Birthday Event for all marines and guests in the community will be held beginning with cocktails from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and a dinner to follow. The Marine Corps dinner will be at the Riverton Country Club, 4275 Country Club Drive.
The Wind River Schools Veterans Day program is at 2:30 p.m. in the Wind River Middle School/High School gymnasium in Pavillion. All veterans and their families are invited to the public assembly honoring and remembering all who have served teh country. There will be a light meal after the program for veterans, their families and guests. For more information call Joy Jones at 856-7970 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Untied Methodist Co-op Preschool Annual Spaghetti Dinner fundraiser will be held from 5 to 7 p.m. at the church fellowship hall. Adults $7, veterans $5, children 5-12 $5 and children 4 and under are free. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available.
Saturday, November 11
Aspen Early Learning Center's Fall Festival Craft Fair will be held at the school gym from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Northern Arapaho Veterans Day powwow will start with grand entry at 6 p.m. Nov. 10-11 at the Great Plains Hall in Arapahoe. Dancer and drum registration starts at 5 p.m. Nov. 10. Gourd dancing will be after the grand entry. Grand entry starts at 3 p.m. Nov. 11. Prize money and specials to be announced. Concessions will be sold. For more information call Felicia J. Antelope at 851-9333 or Valaira Whiteman at 240-1597.
The Winter Farmer's Market will be every Saturday at the 4H lunchroom at the Fremont County Fairgrounds from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Wednesday:
-Police responded at about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday to reports of a hit and run incident near the intersection of West Bend Avenue and College View Drive. The reporting party said she was walking in the area when she came into contact with a tan or gray Cavalier or Malibu driven by someone who appeared to be texting. The woman said she "jumped out of the way just in time to hit the side of the car to avoid being struck or run over." She was not injured.
A citation has been prepared for a 36-year-old Riverton man who stole a can of blow-off duster worth $5.73 at about 8:30 a.m. Wednesday from a store in the 600 block of North Federal Boulevard, according to reports.
A 43-year-old Riverton man was arrested at about 9 a.m. Wednesday at a hotel in the 400 block of North Federal Boulevard for aggravated assault. Officials said he caused injury to a woman's "head area," and she required treatment. Further information, including the suspect's name and details about the assault, was pending a complete investigation.
Police responded at about 1:40 p.m. Wednesday to reports of a stray animal in the 800 block of West Park Avenue. Officials said a female Yorkshire terrier was taken to the local animal shelter.
Eldon Antelope, 52, of Riverton, was arrested at about 3:25 p.m. Wednesday in the 900 block of West Main Street for public intoxication.
Vernon Manderson, 45, of St. Stephen's, and Robin Blind, 36, of Riverton, both were arrested at about 4:45 p.m. Wednesday in the 800 block of East Main Street for public intoxication and fighting in public. Officials said the men were involved in mutual combat.
Police responded at about 5:30 p.m. Wednesday to reports of a hit and run incident in the 1000 block of North Federal Boulevard. The reporting party said a powder blue PT Cruiser left the scene after backing into a black 2011 Ford truck. Officials said there were minor scratches on the front bumper of the truck.
A 17-year-old Riverton boy was signed as a runaway at about 6:50 p.m. Wednesday in the 700 block of West Fremont Avenue.
Joshua Ballard, 21, of Riverton, was arrested at about 9:30 p.m. Wednesday in the 100 block of North Federal Boulevard on an outstanding Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrant for failure to appear.
Tess Mihelich, 18, of Riverton, and Dwight Harris, 23, of Fort Washakie, both were arrested at about 10:05 p.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of Webbwood Road on outstanding Fremont County Sheriff's Office warrants for failure to appear.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Wednesday:
-Layton Little, 25, of Riverton, was arrested at about 8:35 p.m. Wednesday at the Rendezvous Ponds in Riverton on a Fremont County warrant for fraud by check.
- Grantor: FTACLAS STEPHEN E, Legal: Sub/Mine: HILLTOP ADD LA Lot: 4 Block: 1 City: LANDER, Grantee: JENSEN CRISTINA , JENSEN LUKE, Rec Date: 11/03/2017
-Q94;Grantor: SCHRANKLER JANET E TRUSTEE, SCHRANKLER CEDRIC R TRUSTEE, SCHRANKLER JANET E TRUST, Legal: Section: 19 Township: 29N Range: 100W , Section: 20 Township: 29N Range: 100W , Section: 20 Township: 29N Range: 100W, Grantee: BREHE-POPP LLC , Notes: COMSTOCK GOULD LODE, GOULD, CURRY AND OURAY LODE CLAIMS, Rec Date: 11/03/2017
- Grantor: AVERY LINDA CAROL, Legal: Quarter: SENE Section: 17 Township: 3N Range: 2E, Grantee: PATTERSON CARL D , ROGERS KIM A, Rec Date: 11/03/2017
- Grantor: VELARDE NANCY E, LEWIS NANCY E, VELARDE ALBERT A, Legal: Sub/Mine: SUNSET 3RD ADD LA Lot: 21 Block: 9 City: LANDER, Grantee: CHILDERS JACOB , CHILDERS KENDRA KALLEVIG, Rec Date: 11/03/2017
- Grantor: TEEPLES REGINA IRENE, Legal: Sub/Mine: MEADOW VIEW ESTATES SUB MI Lot: 16 City: MISCLLANEOUS, Grantee: FAST JAMES, Rec Date: 11/03/2017
- Grantor: MCSTAY KURTIS TRUSTEE, MCSTAY KURTIS LIVING TRUST, Legal: Sub/Mine: MUSTANG MEADOWS SUB DU Lot: 5 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: STRINGER LANE, STRINGER CHRIS, Rec Date: 11/06/2017
- Grantor: COOPER ARTHUR L, COOPER ARTHUR, Legal: Sub/Mine: RYAN HEIGHTS ADD RI Lot: 4 Block: 1 City: RIVERTON, Grantee: HERBST JEAN M, Rec Date: 11/07/2017
- Grantor: BOYHAN CYNTHIA M TRUSTEE, BOYHAN CYNTHIA M REVOCABLE TRUST, Legal: Quarter: SWSE Section: 1 Township: 41N Range: 107W , Quarter: SWSE Section: 1 Township: 41N Range: 107W, Grantee: JOHNSON ROBIN W , Notes: CARPORT FOR PARCEL 3A, Rec Date: 11/07/2017
- Grantor: FENTON CHARLES A JR TRUSTEE, FENTON CONNIE TRUSTEE, FENTON IRREVOCABLE TRUST, Legal: Quarter: SWNE Section: 18 Township: 2N Range: 6E , Quarter: SENW Section: 18 Township: 2N Range: 6E, Grantee: THOMPSON MARVIN, Rec Date: 11/08/2017
- Grantor: REECE MICHAEL, Legal: Section: 22 Township: 38N Range: 94W, Grantee: FOLKINS CALVIN C, Rec Date: 11/08/2017
- Grantor: COTTONWOOD ENTERPRISES LLC, Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 21 Township: 4N Range: 5E, Grantee: PINGETZER JOSHUA J, Rec Date: 11/08/2017
- Grantor: VONS COMPANIES INC, Legal: Section: 13 Township: 33N Range: 100W, Grantee: CF ALBERT PROPCO LLC, Rec Date: 11/08/2017