TodayNov 8, 2017 From staff reports
A photo caption on page 1 of Tuesday's editions should have said State Sen. Cale Case of Lander conferred with State Sen. Ray Peterson, R-Cowley. They are members of the Wyoming Legislature's Joint Revenue Interim Committee.
A son was born to McKenzie Becker of Riverton and Ty Becker of Riverton at 4:02 p.m. November 7, at Sage West Health Care at Lander. He weighed 7 pounds, 3 ounces.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
-Q94;Trenton S. Maus from Shelby L. Maus. Joint custody of minor children.
- Ronald T. Poffenroth from Joelene B. Poffenroth.
- Billy Jack Bohard Jr. from Loucinda Trene Bohard.
- Tracey Lynn Duran from Forest Frank Duran.
- Tracy Dawn Romberg from Jason Jay Romberg.
- Sierra D. Oleson from Chad M. Oleson. Wife granted custody of minor child.
- Penny S. Mariotti from Robert A. Mariotti. Penny to have her maiden name of Lindsey restored.
Grace "Eileen" Nishwitz, 93, of Dubois passed away Sunday, Nov. 5, 2017, at the Wind River Rehabilitation Center. A memorial service will be held at 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, Nov. 14, 2017 at the Dennison Lodge in Dubois. The service will be for her and her deceased husband, James Nishwitz, who passed away Jan. 12, 2007. They will be buried together at the Dubois Cemetery following the ceremony.
Friday, November 10
The Northern Arapaho Veterans Day powwow will be Nov. 10-11 at the Great Plains Hall in Arapahoe. Dancer and drum registration starts at 5 p.m. Nov. 10 and grand entry starts at 6 p.m. Gourd dancing will be after the grand entry. Grand entry starts at 3 p.m. Nov. 11. Prize money and specials to be announced. Concessions will be sold. For more information call Felicia J. Antelope at 851-9333 or Valaira Whiteman at 240-1597.
The 242nd Marine Corps Birthday Event for all marines and guests in the community will be held beginning with cocktails from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. and a dinner to follow. The Marine Corps dinner will be at the Riverton Country Club, 4275 Country Club Drive.
Saturday, November 11
Aspen Early Learning Center's Fall Festival Craft Fair will be held at the school gym from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The Northern Arapaho Veterans Day powwow will start with grand entry at 6 p.m. Nov. 10-11 at the Great Plains Hall in Arapahoe. Dancer and drum registration starts at 5 p.m. Nov. 10. Gourd dancing will be after the grand entry. Grand entry starts at 3 p.m. Nov. 11. Prize money and specials to be announced. Concessions will be sold. For more information call Felicia J. Antelope at 851-9333 or Valaira Whiteman at 240-1597.
The Winter Farmer's Market will be every Saturday at the 4H lunchroom at the Fremont County Fairgrounds from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday:
-Roselin Brown, 48, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:35 a.m. Tuesday in the 3000 block of College Hill Drive for public intoxication.
- Kara Engavo, 29, of Riverton, was arrested at about 6:20 a.m. Tuesday in the 300 block of Spire Drive for breach of peace. Police were responding to reports of disorderly conduct. When they arrived at the scene, they said Engavo was intoxicated and shouting obscenities, and "a bunch of little kids" were in the area. Reports state Engavo was warned several times to "watch her language" and "keep it down," but she did not comply and so was arrested.
- Police responded to several reports of vehicle break-ins Tuesday on Cheryl Sue Drive, all involving unlocked cars: A bible, keys and a scooter were reported stolen at about 7:30 a.m. Tuesday from a vehicle in the 800 block of Cheryl Sue Drive; a wallet was reported stolen at about 8:55 a.m. Tuesday after two vehicles were entered in the 800 block of Cheryl Sue Drive; and binoculars were reported stolen at about 11:50 a.m. Tuesday from a vehicle in the 1400 block of Cheryl Sue Drive.
- No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 9:55 a.m. Tuesday in the 1100 block of Major Avenue.
- No injuries were recorded in a minor traffic incident reported at about 3:10 p.m. Tuesday in the 1300 block of South Federal Boulevard.
- Clayton Wallowingbull, 31, of Ethete, was arrested at about 9 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of West Adams Avenue on a Riverton municipal warrant.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday:
-Gilbert Riche, 44, of Lander, was arrested at about 9:45 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of Railroad Street in Lander on a Fremont County warrant for failure to appear.
- A 7-year-old child was taken into protective custody Tuesday when two adults were arrested. Initial reports indicated the adults had been being kicked out of the Wind River Hotel south of Riverton at about 11:40 a.m. Tuesday; the reporting party said they had a small child with them. Sharla Schwartz, 34, of Riverton, was arrested for possession of methamphetamine and possession of marijuana, and Michael Keele, 33, of Riverton, was arrested on a Natrona County warrant.
- Deputies responded at about 2:45 p.m. Tuesday to reports of a hit and run incident in the 100 block of North Second Street in Lander. The reporting party said someone backed into a vehicle and "drove off."
- A 35-year-old man was cited for battery at about 7 p.m. Tuesday in the 500 block of Cherry Street in Riverton. The reporting party had said people at the property were intoxicated while caring for children, but deputies said the information was unfounded. Officials did conduct an assault investigation between two adults, however, resulting in the citation.
- Grantor: JODER DONALD K TRUSTEE, JODER DONALD K LIVING TRUST, JODER PATRICIA H TRUSTEE, Legal: Sub/Mine: COUNTRY CLUB V REPLAT LTS 46-48,50-51,PT 49 RI...
Grantee: CAMPBELL SCOTT, CAMPBELL KIMBERLY, Rec Date: 10/30/2017
- Grantor: FANNIE MAE , FEDERAL NATIONAL MORTGAGE ASSOCIATION, Legal: Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 2 Block: 2 City: SH..., Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 3 Block: 2 City: SH..., Sub/Mine: WESTSIDE ADDITION SH Lot: 4 Block: 2 City: SHOSHONI, Grantee: JABER DAN, Rec Date: 10/31/2017
- Grantor: MOORE JESS O, MOORE TACY N, Legal: Sub/Mine: LOST WELLS BUTTE FILING #2 MI Lot: 47 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: CAINES DONAVON P, CAINES KIMBERLY K, Rec Date: 10/31/2017
- Grantor: E-RAE LLC, E RAE LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: RIVERTON ORIGINAL TOWN BLOCK 25 LOTS 15B & 16B, Grantee: HERNANDEZ FRANK, Rec Date: 10/31/2017
- Grantor: WILSON MISTY, Legal: Sub/Mine: LUCKY MC 1ST ADD MI Lot: 15 Block: 1 City: MISCELLANEOUS, Grantee: WILKINSON JUDY L, Rec Date: 10/31/2017
- Grantor: WEBER LANAE I, Legal: Quarter: SESW Section: 30 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: CONNER MICHAEL RAY, CONNER RHONDA LYNN, Rec Date: 10/31/2017
- Grantor: BANNON AARON J, BANNON JOY M, LUND JUDY L, Legal: Quarter: NENW Section: 18 Township: 33N Range: 99W, Grantee: CATTON BENJAMIN J, KOTNOUR JESSICA J, Rec Date: 10/31/2017
- Grantor: SPURLOCK CHARLES J TRUSTEE, SPURLOCK CHARLES J LIVING TRUST, Legal: Quarter: SWSW Section: 19 Township: 33N Range: 99W Lot: 4, Grantee: GIST TIMOTHY W, GIST CORA L, Rec Date: 10/31/2017
- Grantor: TSCHANNEN WILLIAM H, TSCHANNEN SHIRLEY, Legal: Quarter: SENE Section: 28 Township: 33N Range: 99W , Quarter: NENE Section: 28 Township: 33N Range: 99W, Grantee: TSCHANNEN WILLIAM H, TSCHANNEN SHIRLEY, Rec Date: 10/31/2017
Grantor: WILSON FAMILY LLC, Legal: Sub/Mine: CARPER ADDITION LA Lot: 16 Block: 1 City: LANDER, Grantee: ALEXANDER JERRY E, ALEXANDER MARY F, Rec Date: 11/01/2017
- Grantor: CONNELL ANN, CONNELL EDWARD, Legal: Section: 34 Township: 30N Range: 100W Lot: 9 , Section: 34 Township: 30N Range: 100W Lot: 10 , Section: 34 Township: 30N Range: 100W Lot: 15 , Grantee: THURSTON WYATT, Rec Date: 11/02/2017
- Grantor: WEBER LANAE I Legal: Section: 30 Township: 1N Range: 4E, Grantee: WEBER LANAE IRENE TRUSTEE, WEBER LANAE IRENE FAMILY LIVING TRUST, Rec Date: 11/03/2017
- Grantor: REEVES WESTON W, REEVES SHARON L Legal: Section: 30 Township: 2N Range: 4E, Grantee: OLSON ANNA REEVES, REEVES THERESA CLAIRE, REEVES CATHERINE LEIGH, Rec Date: 11/03/2017
- Grantor: GREEN WADE, GREEN BUFFI, Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 30, Township: 2N Range: 4E , Quarter: NWSW Section: 30 Township: 2N Range: 4E, Grantee: COMBS MATTHEW J, COMBS DEBRA J, Rec Date: 11/03/2017