TodayOct 25, 2017 From wire reports
Tuesday's page one story "Lander signs on for money guarantee for air service; no total specified" should have said Mayor Del McOmie voted for the resolution to sign the memorandum of understanding, bringing the vote total to 4-1.
Divorces granted in Fremont County District Court:
-Q94;Steven Aragon from Amber Robledo. Joint custody of minor child.
- Paige Eileen Dooley from Trevor Clinton Dooley. Joint custody of minor children. Wife's maiden name of Kaiser restored.
- Sherri. L. Dickinson from Chester T. Dickinson. Wife granted sole custody of minor children.
- Candis L. Whitlock-Bennett from Jody Eugene Bennett.
- Tammy Tatro from Miles Tatro. Wife's maiden name of Erickson restored.
- Dalton D. Sanders from Joei M. Sanders
- Lindsay A. Wiener from Joel D. Wiener. Joint custody of minor children.
- Kelly Marie Stratton from Nicholas Hyrum Stratton. Joint custody of minor child.
- Karen DM Hays from Terrance R. Martin. Joint custody of minor child.
- Margaret Podzemny from Glenn Johnson. Joint custody of minor children.
Thursday, October 26
Soup-er Heroes Wanted Volunteers of America will host its annual "Filling an Empty Bowl" fundraiser from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Fremont County Fairgrounds. The fundraiser will benefit VOA's services in Fremont County and tickets are available at the door. Family tickets (two adults, two children) cost $25. Individual tickets at $10 for adults, $5 for kids and free for children 5 and under.
50 Shades of Pink - Women's Night Out will be hosted by Wyoming Cancer Resource Services. This breast cancer awareness event will be held at the REACH foundation, 622 N. 8th W. in Riverton from 5:30 to 8 p.m. This 21 and over event for women includes wine and hors d'oeuvres, celebration of women and a chance to win a free mommo exam. Please RSVP by calling (307) 578-2702.
Todd Guenther will speak on Judge Fourt and the Dinwoody Glacier 6-7 p.m. with a reception starting at 5:30 p.m. in the Carnegie Room at the Lander Library. Judge Fourt was one of the pioneers of glaciology and glacier research. Guenther will discuss Fourt's role in glacier research in the region, as well as current research being conducted today."
Friday, October 27
CWC theater department presents Halloween Halls of Horror 7-10 p.m. for people age 6 and older at the college, 2660 Peck Ave. Cost is $3. 855-2217.
Escape Room at the CWC Lander Center will be held Friday and Saturday. Come get spooked! Friday the event will be open from 5 to 10 p.m. and Saturday 4 to 9 p.m. If you escape you earn a treat.
Halloween Night at the Museum will be held at the Pioneer Museum in Lander from 6 to 9 p.m. Friday and Saturday. This slightly spooky event includes crafts, a haunted tour of the museum with ghost stories, a campfire to roast marshmallows, hot cider, popcorn, hay rides, fortune tellers and more. Halloween costumes welcome. Cost is $3 per person.
Community Adult Halloween Party will be held 8 p.m. to midnight at the Riverton Elks Lodge, 205 E. Main St. Cash prizes for costume contest, music by Barcode 307, cover charge is $5 with the proceeds going to the Elk's Charity Baskets program.
Information in this column is taken from official law enforcement reports. An arrest is a preliminary step in the legal process. It does not mean that a person has been found guilty of a crime. By law, persons who are arrested are innocent until proven guilty through due legal processes.
In Riverton Police Department reports Tuesday:
-Police responded at about 12:25 a.m. Tuesday to reports of an alarm in the 300 block of Elizabeth Drive. Officials said someone may have tried to come in the back door of a house in the area, but police couldn't find anyone.
- Police responded at about 7:45 a.m. Tuesday to reports that someone had used the reporting party's information to open a Charter account.
- Police helped push a vehicle off of the road at about 8 a.m. Tuesday in the 100 block of Spire Drive.
- Police responded at about 9:50 a.m. Tuesday to reports of a minor traffic incident in the 2000 block of West Sunset Drive. No injuries were recorded.
- Police responded at about 9:45 a.m. Tuesday to reports of a minor traffic incident in the 800 block of North Broadway. No injuries were recorded.
- Police responded at about 12:30 p.m. Tuesday to reports that someone had broken the lock off of a garage in the 600 block of East Washington Avenue. Officials said the suspect entered the garage, but nothing was missing.
- Brandon Conard, 31, of Cody, was cited at about 2:15 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard for use of prescription medication. Police were called to the scene by an employee of a gas station in the area who had seen a vehicle parked in an unusual spot. According to reports, a woman in the vehicle was seen holding a spoon and a syringe. Officers found Conard had a prescription for a drug that would help him curb his use of methamphetamines, and he was about to inject that drug into his body. Officials said the medication is not supposed to be used in that way - instead, it is supposed to be left under the tongue; if it is injected it creates a meth-like high.
- Lonestar Addison, 39, of Arapahoe, was arrested at about 3:45 p.m. Tuesday on East Monroe Avenue on a Riverton municipal warrant.
- Ryan Monroe, 30, of Ethete, was arrested at about 4:45 p.m. Tuesday in the 700 block of East Main Street for public intoxication. He was later charged with assault as well; officials said he attacked another prisoner in his jail cell. No medical attention was required.
- A 14-year-old Riverton girl was cited at about 6 p.m. Tuesday in the 1200 block of West Main Street for shoplifting; she also was trespassed from the store. Reports state she stole $16 in chips.
- Two juveniles were trespassed at about 6:30 p.m. Tuesday from a store in the 1700 block of North Federal Boulevard after a Fremont County Sheriff's Office deputy cited them for shoplifting.
- Chester Addison, 37, of Lander, was arrested at about 7 p.m. Tuesday in the 2000 block of North Federal Boulevard on a Riverton municipal warrant.
- Levi King, 19, of Riverton, was cited at about 9:10 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of North Federal Boulevard for exhibition of acceleration. Jaden Kraus, 21, of Riverton, was cited for no registration.
- Benjamin Piper, 52, of Riverton, was arrested at about 11 p.m. Tuesday in the 800 block of North Federal Boulevard for public intoxication.
- Police responded at about 11:45 p.m. Tuesday to reports of an open window and open door at a motel in the 900 block of West Main Street. No one was in the room when police arrived, officials said, but someone had been there.
In Fremont County Sheriff's Office reports Tuesday to Wednesday morning:
-Deputies responded at about 8:30 a.m. Tuesday to reports that a school vehicle had struck a deer in the 6400 block of U.S. Highway 26 in Dubois. No injuries were recorded.
- Patrick Lookingbill, 30, of Riverton, was arrested at about 10:40 a.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of North Second Street in Lander on a Fremont County warrant for bond revocation and a Natrona County warrant for failure to appear.
- Todd Pope, 42, of Riverton, was arrested at about 2:35 p.m. Tuesday in the 400 block of West Adams Avenue in Riverton on a probation and parole hold. Initial reports indicate he admitted to using methamphetamine and tested positive for the drug.
- Deputies responded at about 3:45 p.m. Tuesday to reports that a service dog was intentionally struck and killed by a vehicle on Antler Court in Lander. The reporting party said the suspect vehicle was a red Chevrolet S-10 truck that had swerved to strike her dog. Deputies were unable to locate a vehicle matching the description, and it is unknown whether the animal was intentionally struck. The animal was reported to be a service dog for epilepsy.
- Wolbert Muggelberg, 27, of Riverton, was arrested at about 3:15 a.m. Wednesday in the 500 block of East Sunset Drive in Riverton on a Fremont County civil bench warrant for contempt of court.
- Grantor: HEIL ANTHONY T, HEIL REANNA D, Legal: Sub/Mine: PRIDEAUX 2ND ADD LA Lot: 3 Block: 1 City: LANDER, Grantee: SPRINGER DANIEL E, SPRINGER LORI BROOKE , Rec Date: 10/11/2017
-Q94;Grantor: LUTZ CURTIS DON, LUTZ MICHELLE EILEEN, Legal: Quarter: SWNW Section: 17 Township: 2N Range: 4E, Grantee: RELO DIRECT GOVERNMENT SERVICES LLC, Rec Date: 10/11/2017
- Grantor: BERTAGNOLLI MONICA MARIE TRUSTEE, BERTAGNOLLI JOHN O FAMILY TRUST, BERTAGNOLLI ELIZABETH J FAMILY TURST, Legal: Quarter: NESE Section: 4 Township: 32N Range: 100W , Quarter: NWSW Section: 3 Township: 32N Range: 100W, Grantee: BERTAGNOLLI ALBERT, MITCHELL VALERIE, BERTAGNOLLI KATHERINE, Rec Date: 10/11/2017
-Q94;Grantor: CRYER PAUL A, CRYER CARRIE K, Legal: Sub/Mine: CEDARS ADD DU Lot: 1 Block: 2 City: DUBOIS, Grantee: CARSON TODD MICHAEL, JOLLY SUSAN GAIL , Rec Date: 10/11/2017
- Grantor: BARNES KATHERINE, VAN RIPER KATHERINE, Legal: Sub/Mine: CHEVY CHASE 2ND ADD LA Lot: 25 Block: 3 City: LANDER, Grantee: SMITH TERRILL K, SMITH JACK A, Rec Date: 10/11/2017
- Grantor: O CONNOR JAMES P JR TRUSTEE, O CONNOR SHARON K TRUSTEE, O CONNOR JAMES P JR LIVING TRUST, ..., Legal: Sub/Mine: BALDWIN COON ADD LA Lot: 2 Block: 84 City: LANDER, Grantee: O CONNOR SHARON K TRUSTEE, O CONNOR JAMES P JR TRUSTEE, O CONNOR JOINT TRUST, Rec Date: 10/11/2017