'Every Kid in a Park' focuses on access for fourth-graders

Dec 6, 2015 From staff reports

Fremont County is home to Sinks Canyon State Park, Boysen State Park, and South Pass City State Historic Site.

In celebration of the National Park Service's 100 year anniversary, the Wyoming Division of State Parks, Historic Sites and Trails is participating in the "Every Kid in a Park" campaign.

The program offers every fourth-grade student nationwide and their families free admission to more than 2,000 national parks, as well as state parks and historic sites in the Cowboy State.

Fremont County is home to Sinks Canyon State Park, Boysen State Park, and South Pass City State Historic Site.

The SPHST in partnership with the Wyoming Office of Tourism, Wyoming Department of Education and other state and federal partners have produced and distributed coloring books to Wyoming fourth graders.

These coloring books include a sticker to be affixed to the National Parks' "Every Kid in a Park" pass. This pass can then be used for ad-mission to any of Wyoming's State Parks, Historic Sites or recreation areas.

The passes are available

The stickers also are available at SPHST visitor centers, fee booths and headquarters at 2301 Central Ave. in Cheyenne.

To take advantage of the Every Kid in a Park program the following rules apply:

- Any fourth-grade (or home-school equivalent) student may use his or her "Every Kid in a Park" pass for free admission to all Wyoming state parks, historic sites and recreation areas.

- The official "Wyoming State Parks 2015-16" hologram sticker must be affixed to the national pass.

- Passes are accepted only when the fourth-grade pass holder is present.

- All passes expire Aug. 31, 2016.

- Passes are good for free entrance or daily use fees but do not cover additional fees for camping, amenities or rentals and cannot be applied towards campsite reservations.

- Historic Sites: free entrance for all children younger than 16 and up to three adults.

- State parks and recreation areas: free entrance/daily use for one vehicle, not valid for commercial vehicles.

- Passes are non-transferrable.

- Electronic versions of the pass will not be accepted; passes must be printed.

For more information call 777-6323 or visit

Print Story
Read The Lander Journal...